What I Wore: Triumphant Return

Monday, June 9, 2014

I told you I'd be back! Things are starting to calm down around here: I handed in the majority of that big work project, my mom is here shuttling my kids around to swim lessons and feeding them breakfast, and I even had time to go sob with my friends over "The Fault in Our Stars" and then wonder what it would be like if grown men attended sad movies in groups like women do.

And, since my mom has been here, we've done a little shopping, so I have lots of fun things to show you. I also have a shopping-related girls trip next week so brace yourselves, people. Things are gonna get extreme and I don't just mean my carbohydrate intake.

Tank: Ali and Chris (similar) (similar) (cheaper!)
Cardi: Gap (similar) (cheap!)
Skirt: Calvin Klein (here - you have to see it up close!) (similar)
Shoes: Top Moda
Necklace: Plunder 

I saw this skirt and knew it had to be mine. It's perforated, so it's actually really flowy, despite being leather and the lining is just a smidge shorter than the overlay which is SO. PRETTY. I expect to have many happy years together. I will say that if you do think about grabbing this one, to size down. This was a 2 and there is no way on God's green earth that I'm actually a size 2. I'm usually a 4 or 6. So keep that in mind if you're in the market for, you know, a perforated dotted leather a-line summer skirt. 

Like so many people are. 

Hopefully I'll be back to posting regularly this week, especially because I have a zillion Freaky Friday pictures just waiting for angry sarcasm. I've already been like, superhumanly productive today so I'm feeling pretty optimistic. 

4 comments:

Allison Hill said...

Okay so I'm commenting from Dublin Ireland-and you will be so proud of me for my travel outfit. We had a 12 hour layover in Chicago to see the downtown and friends, and now I've been awake and going for nearly 36 hours. In the same clothes. So I picked a wrap top, skinny cords, and knee high boots because, Dublin. Also because, boots. I had a customs agent compliment me on how great I looked!

Jenifer said...

I, on the other hand, arrived at work this morning after a full 8 hours of sleep, which never happens, only to have one of my employees tell me that I "look tired." And I am now still at work, having schlepped around in my "tired" look, switching to workout gear for a stop at the "at-work gym" and now at my desk--and oh, did I mention that after my blissful 8 hours of sleep, woke up with two burst eyeball vessels, so it looks like I've been having way more fun than I oughta...you look great though, Jae...keep rockin' it on behalf of hte rest of us!

Anonymous said...

That skirt is rockin'. I adore it. I also adore your shoes, I would like a pair just like them, only flat, because I have to chase after crazy children all day long. How pretty you look.

By the way, I finally found a leather pencil skirt two weeks ago, and I am putting it away for autumn. Bring it, autumn! I'm gonna look hot.

Jae said...

Go Allison, that makes me so happy to hear! Skinnies and boots are my fave for traveling!

Jenifer, I actually lol'ed at your post. I feel ya... when someone says I "look tired" I'm like... so you mean I look bad? Thanks.

Nora, leather skirts are my addiction in life - you're gonna look AMAZING. And I also have these shoes in flats too because I have very little willpower. Just run a search for "studded cage flats" and you'll find a ton :)

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.