Beauty Review: Urban Decay Naked and Naked3

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

 YAY two posts in a row! I win at life!

Since I've had a couple of months with both my Naked palettes, I thought I'd do a quick write-up of whether or not they're worth your money.

My husband bought me both palettes: I got Naked for Christmas and then Naked3 for Mother's Day. Now, those of you who can count may have noticed that Naked 2 is missing here. I'm going to be totally honest with you: After comparing them all, I didn't really see a need for Naked 2. It's super gold and 1) I have very pink skin and 2) Naked has the most perfect golds ever. So, being the rebel that I am, I skipped 2 and went straight for 3.

In short, I'm incredibly happy with both. To say that I've stopped using all other eyeshadow would be the understatement of the century. I use these every day instead. EVERY. DAY. They go on super smooth, blend well, and the colors are saturated and pretty. Of course, they aren't perfect. While I love how super appropriate the colors are (seriously, you could wear these to a wedding and a funeral in the same day), I DO wish there were some plum-my tones, just because that's my favorite.

The colors for Naked, left to right are: Virgin, Sin, Naked (duh), Sidecar, Buck (my fave), Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted (ugh so pretty), Hustle, Creep (blackest black) and Gunmetal

The colors I use most are Virgin (perfect highlighter), Buck, Toasted and Hustle. I actually don't use the grays a lot. They're super dark and I tend to use Blackheart from Naked3 for a smokey eye.

(here)


Naked3 has Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner (love), Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside and Blackheart (just shut up it's too good). 

The colors I use most are Strange, Nooner, Factory and Blackheart, which is a red sparkle-infused gray that makes the most incredible smokey eye I've ever seen. Like, you don't even know. 

(here)

Both palettes have their pros and cons. I love the variety that Naked offers, but Naked3 would be easier for beginners because every color goes with literally every other color in the palette and there's no way to screw them up.

If you were to pick one (because they're friggin expensive) I would say that Naked is the must-have out of the two. I'm glad I got Naked3, but a lot of the colors are very similar (because the whole palette has a rose gold theme) and I don't see a ton of difference  between like, Burnout and Limit when they're actually on my face. When I use up Naked3, I'd probably just go buy singles of Nooner, Factory and Blackheart and call it a day. I would, however, just re-buy the entire Naked palette because every color is very distinct. 

One more thing: I use the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer every time I use these palettes. The colors are more vibrant over top and it seriously lasts forever. I've almost completely stopped wearing eyeliner because these colors are enough, especially when combined with the lasting power of the primer. There are a few different choices for the primer (it comes in different colors and formulas) but my fave is definitely Eden, which is super matte and pretty brightening too. An eensy, weensy amount goes a long way and it works amazingly for other brands of eyeshadow. You can find it here.

Anyway, since the Naked palettes are a bit of an investment at $50 a pop, I think it's worth it to see them in person first. Are they awesome? Yes. Should you feel pressured to buy all three? Probably not. 

Does anyone else have these babies? I want to hear from someone who has Naked2 on how they feel about it's goldiness. 

Yes. Goldiness.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really want to buy one of the Naked palettes but balk at paying £42.00 for one. I'm very blonde with green eyes and very fair skin so not sure which one is most suitable too. My big £££ for make-up goes on foundation, concealer etc and it just feels a bit too extravagant! Might go on my birthday list!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, some of these names. I would have found them so edgy and cool when I was 17.

That being said, the colors look exactly like what I would pick out for myself, and hopefully no sparkles!

How big are the eyeshadows?

Jae said...

The entire palette is 0.6 ounces, which doesn't sound like much lol. But I've had my first palette and used it daily since Christmas and have yet to make a dent.

And some of the shades do have a shimmer - it's about half and half with matte shades.

Avril, do you have gold undertones to your fair skin? Because Naked 2 might actually look amazing with your eyes. If you're fair with cool undertones (like me) then 1 or 3.

Unknown said...

Hmmm I'll have a look, my skin is fairly warm toned. Thanks, Jae!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.