What I Wore: Unseasonable

Monday, June 16, 2014

Ah, relaxed weekends are the best. I got a migraine Friday afternoon (they always start with my seeing flashing lights and it always takes me like, 10 minutes to realize what's happening. I also sent a client an invoice and a completely nonsensical email while in the "aura" of the migraine and read it back later and nothing made sense. So he also got an apology email). After downing some caffeine and medicating myself, we took the kids to see the new Dragons movie. I didn't cry.

JK I totally cried.

On Saturday we did some chores around the house and then my kids wanted to go to the Disney Store because they had allowance money and they're my children and as such, are spenders. I also happened upon an H&M sale. So I guess I'm living my life right.

It's been cool here the last few days, but I'm excited because it means I get to wear cute cotton jackets again. I totally wore this out and around on Saturday. Unseasonable temps for the win!

 Jacket: Calvin Klein (my mama bought it for me as an early bday present) (here and 40 percent off yessss) (similar) (similar)
Shirt: Gap (here) I buy these like they're going out of style but they aren't haaaa I'm funny.
Jeans: Calvin Klein (you know the drill)
Shoes: Bamboo (similar) (why are these called geek shoes? I take issue with that)

 I had to have this jacket because it's a moto style, but a really light cotton material, so I can wear it without dying in the summer. This absolutely does not count toward my leather jacket collection, right? 

Am I afraid of getting it dirty? Absolutely. But I LIVE MY LIFE. 

I do love these tees for the perfect amount of slouch. I've been living in them lately and want to buy more on my girl's trip this weekend. Also: Tee+jeans+cute flats= Saturday uniform forever. 

It's still pretty cool, so I'm going to soak up as much of it until it becomes blazing hot again. Last week, my husband's boss let my kids collect some eggs from his chicken coop (totally normal) and they were convinced that it was so hot, if they left them in my car, they would hatch.

Instead, my son accidentally stepped on his while getting in the car and I had egg in my center console. Luckily, it was hot, so it fried up nicely.

So yeah, I think I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mama is great for buying you an early birthday present! You must just love her!

Jae said...

Mom you did not waste any time posting that.

Unknown said...

We went to the Dragon movie this weekend too - and I cried too, but not as much as I did during a preview of some dolphin movie which didn't even make sense to me (a female dolphin needed another female dolphin in order to keep doing shows at a SeaWorld type place? I don't know, maybe I wasn't understanding it correctly). But they made it seem like the dolphin's life was at stake or something so sniff!

Heidi J said...

Yeah I cried at the dragon movie too - esp when Hiccup's parents meet again after all those years and he forgives her for leaving: "you're just as beautiful now as when we I married you" sniff! Sob!
Also, love the moto jacket. I followed the link and then I thought - who am I kidding? I live in Phoenix! Well, maybe I'll get it to wear to church - they always way over-air-condition the place.

Anonymous said...

LOL!

It totally cracks me up whenever your mom makes a cameo. In the credits for your blog, you will see the following:

Bonnie Porter............Your. Mom.

Bonnie Porter............As herself.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.