What I Wore: Holy Grail

Monday, June 24, 2013

I survived my week camping, you guys! And I'm no worse for the wear, except that my butt hurt after going on a hike of death that I'm sure should have had a base camp involved. So is it any wonder that I wanted to get pretty yesterday? Don't judge me. I react weirdly to things.


Dress: Local boutique (My Sister's Closet) Guys, I looked everywhere for this dress online and it doesn't exist. See below for alternatives.
Shoes: You can't even see them. But they're the same wedges from last week so you're not missing much. Also, long maxi dress + heels makes you look tallllll.
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins (similar)
Rings: F21 (similar)

I feel like this is the Holy Grail of maxi dresses. I don't need to wear anything over or under it so it's nice and cool, it's long enough to make me like like, 5 inches taller than I really am and it's bright enough that I don't have to wear any extras except for a cute necklace. Oh and it doesn't wrinkle. I may have taken a nap in it. Whatever. 

I'm all about maxi dresses that need nothing. Since I couldn't find this number online, here are a bunch of alternatives that also don't need extras for peeps who love sleeves. Fun fact: I don't love my upper arms but I heart my elbow dimples. What is wrong with me.

Love this one for plus sizes -- it would be cute with a belt!
It's like my crowd pleaser dress but with sleeves!!
For the chevron lovers
Love the color on this one. The wrap makes it uber-flattering. 
This one is top-rated!
The bodice on this one is so cute I might die.

Does that make up for my lack of Internet skills? I hope so. Anyway, I love a good shopping score. Wanna dish about your latest and greatest shopping successes? Do it in the comments. But not it, it. That's gross.

7 comments:

bashashhazbaz said...

congrats on surviving your camping trip! and you look stunning in this outfit!

Jennifer Wells said...

Yes! Holy grail, indeed. I hate clothing that requires more clothing--a tank top, a camisole--to rescue you from such nightmares as inappropriate cleavage or side boobage.

Allison Hill said...

This definitely decides it. I NEED more maxi dresses. I had some, but I lost 45 pounds and now they don't fit. You look fantastic in that dress and I want in on the party! That and it looks like it would be swishy around the feet...

Unknown said...

You are looking fabulous in this dress. Women looks pretty in western dresses
.

Jaz said...

LOVE the shape of the dress but I wish it didn't have the stripes of pattern coming down vertically. I can't help thinking it would be prettier if it was plain in the skirt and the pattern was just at the sleeves/neckline/bodice and then continued at the hem. What do you think Jae, would that still be as flattering? I am still getting to grips with this style malarky so I'm interested.

Anonymous said...

Yup, a maxi dress with sleeves, the right length, and a great print IS the Holy Grail of maxi dresses!

Finding anything with sleeves these days feels like hunting for a four leaf clover...

Jae said...

Jaz, either way would be pretty flattering because you get a long column at the legs and that makes you look taller. I feel like the all-over pattern is a bit more modern (and hides any lumps and bumps), but either way would be cute!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.