This Summer I Love...

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Is it me or is every summer pretty much exactly the same? I mean, clothes-wise. The hot weather hits and for like, two seconds you want to look cute and then it's like "Screw it I'm spending the rest of the year in capris and flip flops." Ugh, I feel ya. Not literally, because that would invade your personal space, but figuratively -- I feel ya. I get stuck in a summer rut every year and need to bust myself out of it. Here are some of the things making me feel pretty/cool/interested/like I don't want to just sit inside my house with the air conditioning and my underwear on all day.

Graphic Tees

Skip n' Whistle sent me this adorbs graphic tee and I've been living in it ever since. I am the biggest book nerd ever so it spoke to me on a personal level. I might have had to wash it today because I might have spilled snow cone all over it but that might be a vicious rumor I heard. But seriously, when it's uber-hot and I don't want bells and whistles on my clothes, I'm all about a graphic tee. Just make sure it's not like, Hello Kitty, k? You're a grown woman. I also stay away from shirts that advertise a brand because I don't like advertising for free.





































Light Dresses

When my kids were in swimming lessons, every morning I found myself search for a dress to wear. It was hot and I was lazy and only wanted one piece to put on. It helps that they also make you look like, insta-pretty, right?




































Cage Flats

I bought a pair of cage flats (as seen on my Instagram) and they are my new fave sandals. I saw them first from Zara, but the problem was the Zara ones were made from jelly. And jelly gets sweaty and that's gross. Mine are sueded on top and way comfy and I've gotten tons of "Where did you get those?" whenever I wear them. Hint: I searched "cage flats" on eBay. No joke. The ones I have are the Lynna-01 by Bamboo. They're such a nice change from flip flops.























Cuffed Bermudas

Can we all agree that while they're awesome, bermuda shorts can look a little fuddy duddy? This summer, I'm all about the cuffed berms. Just that little roll somehow makes everything alright and less mom-shorts. I also love me some colored berms this year too. Remember the rule of thumb -- always let your shorts or cuffed pants fall at the thinnest part of your thigh/calf.





































Moccasins

Finally, moccasins are my other fave type of footwear. I've been wearing mine nonstop because they look cute with shorts, pants aaaand cute summer dresses. They can do no wrong unless it's really hot and then they get stinky so I don't spend a lot on mind. Wear 'em to death, replace and repeat. Just avoid the ones with fur unless you want to die of heat exhaustion.

(I think these navy ones want to belong to me immediately.)





















What are you guys loving for summer? Are you totally stuck in your flip flop rut? Break freeeeeee.

(Jk I wore flip flops yesterday don't judge.)

6 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

I adore the yellow and navy dress. I adore the white one, too, but white clothing tends to meet a gruesome end around our house, so I avoid for now.

Jae said...

I totally feel ya there. The other day I was all dressed up and got mayo on my boob. It was awesome.

Lily George said...

I just ordered two of the Owl-Read t-shirts. LOVE

Jae said...

Haha Lily, I love you! PS I've been wearing mine with my camo pants and it is TOO adorable.

Lizzy said...

I have the hardest time finding good shorts, I want a pair that covers my bum but isn't as long as a Bermuda, unsurprisingly, I've had a hard time with that. (Thanks short short inventor, not! ) is a medium wash denim short with cuffed edge and 5inch inseam really too much to ask for? Apparently yes. I had to resort to DIY shorts, and I hate cutoffs :(

Jae said...

I do DIYs sometimes when I can't find them. I know that both Target and Gap carry a pretty good range of midi shorts!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.