What I Wore: Buyer's Remorse

Monday, June 3, 2013

No word of a lie, you guys, when I bought these shoes I brought them home and was like "WHY did I buy these?" They're supercute, but they match NOTHING. I didn't even wear them for the first few weeks. I tried them on with dresses, skirts, pants -- even my beloved leather skinnies looked weird with them. Finally I was like "Duh Jae!" and put them with shorts instead. Good thing, because buyer's remorse does not suit me well. I look much better in black.

 Top: by&by (here)
Shorts: Gap (similar)
Bracelet: Local boutique (similar)
Earrings: Local (similar)
Pearl ring: Inspired Silver you've seen it a million times. 

Like, clearly these shoes are adorable. But they are tricky. I found that they worked best with a seriously toned-down color palette and a laced-up style. Because there is no way to match neon yellow, orange, pink and coral altogether without looking like you're a child of the 80s. Which I totally am, I just don't want to look that way. 

Still, difficulty aside, I love these stupid shoes.




My goal is to find more ways to wear them because hello, nothing says summer like these babies.

Anyway, I'm off to recover for the weekend by shlepping my kids to swimming lessons. I went as a leader with a youth group to stay in Salt Lake and do fun touristy things for a youth conference there. Problem? I spent all weekend being mistaken for a 17-year-old which which was cute at first but got exponentially more annoying as the weekend went on. This is what happens when I wear flat shoes.

I need to buy more wedges.

5 comments:

Anslie C said...

I bet they would be adorable with a summer dress

Anslie C said...

I bet they would be adorable with a summer dress

Jennifer Wells said...

It's the shoe edition of your crowd-pleaser dress!

Jae said...

Haha clearly I have a type...

Lizzy said...

Haha I'm 25 and for some reason the magic number people always use for my age is 12. I'm like, seriously? I know I'm 5'3 with a youthful looking face, but 12? Lol on second thought its still nice to be mistaken for a younger age.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.