What I Wore: Spring Farewell

Monday, April 29, 2013

I got back from my girl's weekend on Saturday and it was SO much fun. We ate, we shopped, we napped, we ate and then ate a little more and it was divine. Although I am sad to report that I have yet to find the perfect camo skinnies and am still on the hunt today. However, I did get some awesome stuff like shoes (of course) a bunch of nice, sloppy tees and a super-cute maxi skirt. YAY for breaking my shopping fast -- I can breathe again.

Of course, today my son woke up sick and so I'll probably be hanging out at home, which is sucky because it's gorgeous outside. Like, we're nearing shorts weather here and I am very happy. We can finally say goodbye to winter layers, like this outfit:



                                                 Top: InVein via Edge Custom Shop
Jacket: Downeast Basics (similar)
Jeans: Liverpool Abby in black obviously (here)
Boots: Soda (similar)
Bracelets: Nordstrom (similar... and cheaper!)
Leather cuff: Marc Jacobs (want!)

Say goodbye to boots and jeans because I think it'll be skirts and dresses for the next few months or so. 

Bye, adorable military jacket that I love so much. I shall put you in my guest bedroom closet, as I Have a severe jacket-buying addiction and have run out of room for you.

 We shall meet again, intentionally ugly combat boots. Thou hast served me well this winter.

Seriously though, the weirdest thing about Utah (OK, living around millions of Mormons is pretty weird) is that it has no spring to speak of. You go from snow to sunburn in like, three hours so you have to be ready. And by "be ready" I obviously mean "buy sandals immediately."

You might still see these boots if I can figure out how to wear them with dresses without looking like a grungey 90s rock singer. It's a work in progress, really.

Anyway Spring, it's been a slice. But it's like, 80 today and my kids are out of school in three weeks and Summer will be back in full effect. Heaven help us all.

3 comments:

IandS said...

Whilst at Target on Saturday I came across some camo skinnies. They are a reversible jean (WHAT?). I don't remember what they were called but they were on the clearance rack presumable because on the inside (or outside?)they were an awful shade of green but on the outside (inside?) they were a great camo print. Anyway, they might be worth a look and who doesn't want a trip to Target? :)
Stacey

Jennifer Wells said...

We want pictures of your new stuff.

Jae said...

Stacey, thanks for the tip! I think I might head over today!

Nora! It shall be forthcoming. I should have done a "what I bought" post instead.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.