Cheap Tricks: $1 Eye Highlighter

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

** Prayers to Boston. This has been my favorite response to it all.**


As promised, this week is all about my cheapest makeup and beauty tricks I use everyday -- three in particular. Today's is definitely the easiest and the cheapest of all three -- that's because it literally costs $1 and about two seconds out of your day.

It's this little baby, here:

This, my friends, is e.l.f.'s Essential Shimmering Facial Whip. I've been using it for years, but it has a really special application that I looooove. And that's making me look awake in the morning.

All I do is take my teeny tube of this stuff (which lasts forever, by the way) and squeeze a miniscule amount on the back of my hand.

Seriously, that is more than enough. Any more and you're going to look like a slutty fairy.

Then, I dab my finger into the little schmear and then dab my finger onto my tear ducts.

It acts as a shimmery highlighter that makes you look super awake and like you weren't up reading on your iPad until 1 am, not that I do that or anything.

Shimmery tear ducts FTW! Look at them! Look at theeeeeeemmm.

Then, as I usually have some leftover on my hand, I use it to highlight my brow bones, the tops of my cheek bones and then I rub the last little bit right above the bow of my lips. It's just enough shimmer to bring attention to your best features and make you look bright and awake.

Happy days!!

The color I use is the palest one they have -- Lilac Petal. You can nab it form the website (they have free shipping right now) but I just got this one at Target. Easy peasy, $1 and makes you feel like a million. I look positively undead without this stuff.

Alright, that's my first one. Stay tuned for tomorrow, when we will talk about my homemade skin treatment woop woop.

3 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

Seeing this new post today was like reaching into my coat pocket and being surprised by an extra $20. And I get to buy cupcakes. Yes, that is most certainly what it was like.

Jae said...

Haha this is the best metaphor of my life. Also, it SNOWED today (kill me) and I reached into my winter coat pocket to see if I had stashed money. Alas, I had not. But this is *almost* better.

Nathaly Blalock said...

Thank you thank you! I am going to Target to get this tonight. I've been editing some pics of this girl and I've been thinking, "What is this shiny stuff in the corner of her eye? I need this!" So thanks for saving me from having to ask her and make her feel weird that I was looking at her pics really up close. ;)

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.