Christmas Dish!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ahhh getting back from holidays is a little sad, but kind of refreshing as well. I feel like I crave a little routine, as referenced by my nearly eating my husband's head when he suggested we go to the store in the middle of the day yesterday. It was naptime!

So we're all back to normal in my house, Christmas has been taken down and kids packed off to school. And, after taking two weeks off, I went to work out today and nearly barfed. Christmas food was not good to me.

Fun story time though! So I usually get really good Christmas presents from my hubs. He told me that it's because he's so Scrooge-y the rest of the year that he makes up for it at Christmas. I won't say that I agree because that would be mean of me. WINK. So I get excited for Christmas because I love love love watching my kids dive in and because I know I'm going to get something good because my hubs has excellent taste. 

Of course, my husband only shops online. Which has never been a problem. Still, he ordered all of my stuff a couple weeks in advance and then kept tracking it to see when it would get to our house. For some reason, the packages kept getting delayed, but they were guaranteed to get to our house on Christmas Eve. I host a party at my house that day, so I was home waiting around for packages while cleaning and cooking. Still nothing. When everyone went home and it was time to open Christmas PJs, my entire Christmas -- we are talking 11 things -- didn't make it. So my husband called UPS. That's when we found out that the driver had just marked them all undeliverable and went home for the day. Awesome.

Luckily, I really do love Christmas for the kids, so we made the 25th all about them. My husband literally went to the distribution center to pick up the packages on the 26h because there was no way he was sending them on the truck again. SO I had a late Christmas, but it was totally OK! He did good and I'm decked out in all of the pretty things he picked out for me.

Want pics? OK! 

 My kidlets in their Christmas pajamas... we usually change into them and then head to go look at our local Festival of Lights. Such traditionalists. 

 Christmas Eve is not kind to me. I'm busy all day. But I did get this Day-Glo hoodie to wear with my PJs so I was OK with it. They were one of the few things that weren't botched by UPS... because we bought them at the mall. 

 A bird's eye of what my house looked like before we headed to bed at 2am Christmas Eve. My husband put my daughter's dollhouse together completely wrong. I started setting it up and was like "Um, why is there a piano in the bathroom?" He had to take it apart while I did fun things like organize prezzies under the tree. 

Without fail, every year my husband tells me to stick to my budget and then it gets blown to pieces the week before Christmas. I just gave up and went with it. 

 And, after all that taking apart and putting back together again, my daughter's fave gift wasn't the dollhouse -- but the bow and arrow my son picked out for her. Le sigh. 

I quickly forgave the late presents when they came in these pretty boxes -- I got a new handbag and wallet, both of which I desperately needed. He also bought me a bunch of things that I've posted on the blog for shopping guides. Smart guy.

So, it was a good, if not weirdly spread-out Christmas. Just made it last longer, right?


I also got a ton of AWESOME Freaky Friday submissions over the holidays, so I'll be back on Friday with those. Meanwhile, I have work and episodes of Downton to catch up on. My husband also got me a swanky pair of noise-cancelling headphones so I can ignore my kids while watching. No, I haven't seen the Christmas Special... but I know it's sad. Don't tell me!


5 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

I was so last-minutes with gifts this year, I'm seriously thinking about shopping this week for next year. Pathetic.

Tiffany said...

We got my daughter the same bow and arrow set and she loves it too! She is 3 and is awesome at it. And the. She says "I'll be shootin' for me own hand!" In a Scottish accent. :)

Cindy said...

My cousin's daughter's favorite gift was the pink BB gun. Granted, she had to wait in line to use it behind Dad and Grandpa. I think they were just as excited to give it as she was to receive.

Cindy said...

My cousin's daughter's favorite gift was the pink BB gun. Granted, she had to wait in line to use it behind Dad and Grandpa. I think they were just as excited to give it as she was to receive.

Jae said...

Haha Nora, I like a little last minute-ness. It puts me in the right mood.

Tiffany, that phrase has been uttered in my house roughly 6,000 times since we got that set.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.