Jae Raids the Drugstore

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Yes, it's that time again. That time when I expose my extreme shopping addiction to the world by detailing my latest guilty pleasures purchased from random stores nearest you. Yes, I love my department store mascara, but there's just something about a cheap lipstick that makes everything feel right with the world. Here are my favorite cheapie products from the last month or so! Click through to purchase... some I'm just using the Google shopping link so you can find the best dealzzzzz. Yes those z's were necessary.

 So Mary Kay sent me some products to try out recently. Right out the gate, I wasn't a fan of this Lash Love Mascara... I felt like it made my lashes really thin. Then, I had the bright idea to layer it over my usual Diorshow mascara. Um, amazing. It makes it look like I'm wearing falsies allll the time. So my new idea is to do a volume mascara first and a lengthening second. Brilliant!

 They also sent me this gloss, called NouriShine. I like it, especially in Red Passion. My friends and I were just talking about how wearing red lipstick is stressful because you're just worried about how it looks all night, but in a gloss? SO much easier. I'm a fan. 

 
So when winter hits, my hands go from small and childlike to decrepit and old. Thanks, dry air! After cleaning my house, they were SO bad. Equals why I shouldn't clean my house. Anyway, I headed over to Bath and Body Works and grabbed some of this Rose Salve for like, $5. It has been my savior this winter. I slather it on all of the rough spots and then....


 ... coat my hands in this stuff (Aveeno Daily Moisturizing). It's definitely taken care of the problem and people can go back to mistaking my hands for a 5 year old's again. Huzzah!



I ran out of bronzer after my last trip to Canada and I haaaate going bronzer-less. I grabbed this at like, WalMart or something and I'm in love. It's Physician's Formula
Bronzing Veil. What I love is that it holds the powder in a reserve and you use the dial to say how much you want. Takes all the guess work out. I also love that it's not like, offensively shimmery. I don't want to look like I'm heading to a beach party in January, thanks.


Along with dry winter hands comes dry winter hair, which then gets staticky and then gets stuck in my car door.  Oh the rage. Which is why I'm glad my friend introed me to Moroccan oil. Every year me and a group of friends have a "Favorite Things" party at Christmas and we all swap and this is what I brought home. SO happy I did. A teeny dab of this while blow-drying makes my hair smooth and I use it when my hair feels dry and sticky-uppy, which is totally a word. I also use it on my daughter's hair when it's all crazy. It's been a lifesaver. This is the brand I have, but you can find it just about anywhere.


I was Target shopping with my mom and I picked up this e.l.f. Beauty Book. I say "Target shopping" because it's not like regular shopping. I believe you make poor financial choices in Target. I don't know why. But this was like, $5 and it has served me well. Especially over the holidays, when I was doing more dramatic eyes. I love love the bronze-y shades. 


That's it for this month -- have any beauty finds you wanna share with me?

7 comments:

bequi said...

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/face/blush/studio_blush

Tickled Pink

Prettiest blush EVER. I can wear this with no other makeup, and I feel GORGEOUS.

bequi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Wells said...

I have never tried the rose salve, but it seems so romantic and pretty, which is something that saves me from winter blahs. Instead, this will make me feel like I'm living in a dreamy world of loveliness.

So the argan oil really is great? I've heard people RAVE but hadn't given it a try yet. I might just have to do so.

One of my favorite things is to mix olive oil with sea salt, and use it in the shower instead of soap. I have very, very dry skin and this makes a big difference. You can add essential oils, too, if you want to make it extra nice.

Amanda said...

Okay...with you on cheap lipsticks....my current fave is maybelline superstay 14 hr....beige forgood. It's happy!

We were at my inlaws the other day and my hubs brought up budgeting with my BIL who wanted to be a financial planner....and I was like heck NO! (Well, screaming on the inside) He was ready to go take away all my frivolous and irresponsible shopping.....I ask you...what is the point of your hubs having a good job and making good money if you can't enjoy it!?!?

Jae said...

Bequi, I am on the hunt for a new blush... I'm going to check it out! I heart elf so much.

Nora, I'm a fan. It feels like it doesn't make your hair greasy... like it absorbs. It's been awesome on my daughter's hair especially. Good idea on the salt/oil. I think I shall try!

Amanda, agree! lol. Don't take my drugstore shopping sprees away from me!!

Queen Mommy said...

I love the Moroccan Oil/Argan oil stuff. My daughter has kind of coarser hair texture that frizzes easily, and it works really well for her. My new favorite lotion: http://bathbar.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=38 The scent is really soft but will last all day. It's the kind of thing that you'd have to be close to smell, but the smell is intoxicatingly wonderful (if you like a soft vanilla-y musk-y sort of scent). I always enjoy your drugstore raids posts because I always find something new I want to try. One of the previous posts convinced me to try the photo ready primer, which I now absolutely love! So, thank you!

Unknown said...

www0817
new nike shoes
coach outlet online
ralph lauren uk
cheap jordans
off white shoes
christian louboutin shoes
canada goose jackets
coach factory outlet
salomom shoes
ugg boots on sale 70% off

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.