Freaky Friday

Friday, January 4, 2013

I had the worrrrst night last night. A neighborhood dog barked for literally four hours straight and I could not sleep. I should note that I'm a dog person and I love them, but not when they continually bark and ruin my night. I ended up out on the couch with my noise canceling headphones on at 4am. It was awesome. So I'm feeling a little off today. I apologize if I'm not as snarky as usual. My snark needs 8 hours of sleep to be really effective.

Heather sent me this very expensive Dolce and Gabbana bag that basically looks like the gross blanket that your grandma always keeps on the back of her sofa and that always smells like Cheetos.

 I can't decide what this looks like more. Carpet, or Harry's van from Dumb and Dumber. Either way, I don't want it near my crotch. 

 What? Owls are hot right now, right?

PS Owls are one thing that I do not get whatsoever. Like, I can see how they're cute, but I wouldn't want one in my house. For one, I'm scared of birds. For two, is it me or do owls seem kind of judgey? Like, you don't know my life owl!

 Alison sent me a huge collection of really sad fashion. And I chose this, because nothing is quite as sad as acid wash fringe. 

 Well that's subtle and ladylike.

PS Shoemaker, I can see that you just put a glove on a shoe and I think that's lazy.

 K first of all, I thought this was Gwyneth Paltrow and automatically hated it because I really, really dislike anyone who exercises four hours a day and eats baby food while recommending you buy a $4,000 snood. But when I realized that it wasn't GP, I decided that regardless, I hate Barbie tracksuits. Like, I didn't know they existed until 5 minutes ago, but I already know I hate them. 

 This is the ugliest ring ever, but it might stop me from biting my nails. 

 My youngest brother sent me this hoodie. 

I thought it would be good for those of you whose husbands have gained a little weight over the years. Zip it up and suddenly it's your college boyfriend! 

Of course, he'll have to keep it on always, which could get awkward. 

Lauren sent me this headband. I think it would be cool to buy this and wear it to like, parent-teacher conferences and act completely natural. Like "Oh this old thing?"

This purse disturbs me deeply. Wanna know why?

Because one night, I had the brilliant idea to watch Pan's Labyrinth on my own.

Cue sobbing in the fetal position. 

Nooooooooooooo oooooooo oo

And with that being said, I think I'm going to curl up in the fetal position, but because I'm tired and only slightly terrified that I actually had to Google a picture of the scariest thing of all time.

Happy Friday naps to everyone!

9 comments:

Allison Hill said...

Did you HAVE to post the actual picture? We knew what the purse reminded you of...and now we all can't sleep tonight either. So I hope you're prepared for us to come hang out at your cyber place on your cyber couch because we're all too scared of the creepiest thing EVER.

ashley1323 said...

Ok, so I admit that I am totally obsessed with owls right now and I truly have no idea why. It is not something I ever thought I would be obsessed with. I don't understand it but alas, I am obsessed anyway. But it is making me crazy b/c they are EVERYWHERE and I feel I must buy it all. Except I would never EVER wear that dress! I draw the line at owls on my clothing-not gonna happen. (Ok fine-my mom got me this cute Christmas owl sleep shirt and I do where that.) But NORMALLY I limit myself to cute things like owl rings/earrings, owl coffee mugs and cute owl onesies for my baby! But seriously, not that dress! Also, those shoes are hilarious!

Jae said...

Hahah that has GOT to be the scariest monster OF ALL TIME. Like, who even thinks of that? WHY WHYYYYYY.

Ashley, my daughter has some owl stuff and I'm fine with that, but I am yet owl-less. Maybe I need to look for something to convert me to your owl-y ways.

Lindsay said...

haha did you notice the acid-wash fringe girl's shoes? They should have a post of their own.There is way too much ugly in that photo.

kursty13 said...

Maybe I'm over tired. But I stared at the middle finger glove shoes for a few minutes thinking, "did a dog poop on her foot?!". So glamorous!

Jae said...

Bahaha I definitely saw poop my first go-around too. You are not alone.

Margie Keenan said...

Hi Jae I need your help! I'm wearing navy blue lace dress by Diane Von Furstenberg . It's called the Zarita if you want to look it up. I love it. I have these great nude shoes...so my question is panyhose. Can I wear nude?
My legs are very pale and pink and purple...it's true. I don't want to self tan but I will if you think nude panyhose are the worst. I just font want to look tan in the dead of winter. Thanks!

Jae said...

Cute dress! If you must do pantyhose, go with something uber-sheer and with a teensy bit of color AND only if your shoes are closed-toe, of course. Nude can look a little clinical. Like these in natural. I'm assuming you're white because you're talking about self-tanner. lol! http://www.haneshosiery.com/AbsolutelyUltraSheer/index.aspx

Hopefully that helps!

db artsy said...

Oh, my goodness!! You always crack me up, but this time you did it even more! I love Pan's Labyrinth, and also think that character is super scary. Seriously, where does Guillermo del Toro get his ideas from?

Thanks for the laughs.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.