Freaky Friday

Friday, January 11, 2013

 We woke up to about two feet of snow this morning. No joke, when I backed out of my driveway to go to workout (now THAT's dedication) the snow was up to my Tahoe's windows. So excuse me if I just send my kids out to play while I watch through the windows. Being a mom makes me understand my own moms parenting methods more. She had a strict "Go outside and don't come back in until it gets dark or you're bleeding" policy. Well played, mom. Well played.

Anyway, I have plans to go nowhere or do nothing until at least my roads get plowed. Oh, the joys of living on the side of a mountain.




 This coat (sent to me by Andrea) was labeled as "The Official Bear Coat." Like, I don't want to be oversensitive about this, but uh, did anyone talk to the BEARS about this? Because I'm not sure this is what they want representing them as a species. Especially because this coat looks like it's saying "Who, me?"


 Photoshop: You're doing it wrong.

Either that or there's an alien species of pants models I'm unaware of.

 These are the "Apricot Splatter" tights AKA it was my first time shaving my legs.

Thanks to all of the ladies over at Babycenter who alerted me to this especially heinous jumpsuit. Floppy boobs, short legs and a crotch seam? Don't mind if I do. 

 My friend Sara sent me this lovely array of teddy bear themed workout gear. Because nothing says "I'm serious about fitness" quite like teddy bears sewn onto your shoulders. Like, I DARE someone to wear this. Please. Just do it for me?

She also sent me this dress. Look closely. It's made of rainbow keyboard keys. Luckily no one would wear it IRL.
 Except a pregnant Amber Rose. Oh honey. Honey honey honeychild. Delete that. 


S sent me this dress, which she kindly pointed out looked lie a deranged Pan-Am flight attendant. I love it when readers do my work for me.


"Um, excuse me? My eyes are UP HERE." 

(Thanks Jade!)


Who else is calling it a snow day today? It's OK if you live somewhere that doesn't even get snow. You can call it a snow day by proxy. We're friends.

9 comments:

IandS said...

It just started snowing here so thanks for that - now I get to stay home too :)
The alien model is just scary. Whoever photoshopped that should be fired and if it's not photoshopped then that girl's mother needs to be fired!!!!...and now I will step down from my judge-y soapbox and eat a sandwich...

Jae said...

YAY sandwiches!

Jennifer Wells said...

For the love of all that is holy, WHY?? Why...ANY of it???

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I like your mom too. My philosophy though is "a LOT of blood." I have three boys. Blood is just part of the deal.

wowd wong said...

I wanted to give you a head's up if you wonder why you are getting more traffic today. I put your blog link on GOMI as a great casual style blog.

Jae said...

I saw that on my stats! I'm just glad that it's positive attention. I mean to be fair, I have a pretty crappy blog. But I would prefer to be a SOMI... lol!

PS I promise to post more outfit posts in the future. I actually just took some pics. I *have* been slacking.

Unknown said...

You posted editorial How Not to Dress Like A Mom which gives users bunch of information concerning meticulous subject recognition for this allocate.
dissertation proposal example

M said...

Note to purchasers of the "official Bear Coat" Do NOT wear it in Canada, you will be shot at.

Jae said...

If you wear that coat you deserve to be shot at hey ohhhhhhhh

I'll be here all week try the veal.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.