What I Wore: Internal Monologue

Monday, January 28, 2013

I had this conversation with myself a few days ago.

Me: Hey, uh, Jae?
Myself: Oh hey, self, how's it going?
Me: Great... just really great. But I did need to talk to you about something.
Myself: Ah. OK. Shoot.
Me: It's about your hair.
Myself: My hair? What's up?
Me: It's just... like, I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything. But it's like, really blonde.
Myself: Durrr. That's the point.
Me: No, like... too blonde.
Myself: But... it's been like this for two years.
Me: I know. And it was really nice. But I think you might have some blonde-orexia or something.
Myself: What can I say? I love the bleach.
Me: I think it might be time to go back to brunette.
Myself: But... Gwen Stefani is a natural burnette and she's been dying her hair for years! It says so in her hair color commercial!
Me: OK, is "Gwen Stefani does it" really that great of an argument?
Myself. Good point. Siggggggghhhhhh fine I'll go back to natural for a couple of years.
Me: Hey, your hair will thank you.
Myself: Whatever. You're a real downer, Me.
Me: Sorry.

And that folks, is how I went back to brown. After looking through some pictures from the past few months, I noticed that my hair was looking more and more damaged and it needed a break or risk going like, banana yellow. And that's not a good look on anyone. So, I'm back to my old self while my hair is in ICU for a while. I'll miss the blonde and will probably do it again, but for now I'm officially on a break.

Shirt: Ugh, I can never remember. I wanna say Paper Tee. Yes.
Belt: Downeast
Jacket: Old Navy
Skirt: F21
Boots: F21
Ring: 1928

I was on my feet and running around alllll day yesterday, so it had to be comfy boots or bust. These are wedges so I felt like they had to be sporty, but I'm still not sure I nailed it with this one. I need to play with it some more. In fashion blogging world it's called "styling." As in "I styled these boots with a leather skirt." I find that pretentious and annoying. You WORE them. Just SAY IT. 

Whatever, it got me through a long day and I wasn't begging for sweet mercy by the end. That makes me think WIN.

 I was also wearing cute earrings but you can't see them #brunetteproblems amiright?
Fine, I'll shut up about my hair now. 

Today is my recuperation day from getting over the flu of death. My house is trashed and my medicine cabinet looks like a really low-class pharmacy. Also, my husband is building a new wall in our room -- he has to have his gallbladder out in a week and just HAPPENS to also need a new flatscreen on our bedroom wall during convalescence oh really how convenient. So my house is like a germy construction zone and it must be conquered.

Monday, you's a jerk. 

6 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

Monday is a total jerk. I work weekends from home and afterwards it looks like a tornado hit my house.

I love your caramel-y colored hair, though.

KT said...

I think your hair looks great! I'm a natural blonde..or was until it got darker as I got older. Being willing to highlight it was hard for me because I didn't want that fried brassy look. I just started. We'll see how long it lasts. For what it's worth, I liked your blonde look too. I never thought it looked damaged, at least in the pics you posted.

Neldamuse said...

Your hair looks soooo pretty Jae!

Jae said...

Aw you guys are awesome. I'm gonna miss my days as a blondie but my poor hair was not havin' it! KT -- mine was definitely going a bit brassy and I haaaaaaate brass.

Nora, I'm happy to report that my house is clean. Well, I still have to vacuum and fold laundry during the Bachelor. But other than that, we're good to go lol.

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

I love your hair color!!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.