What I Wore: Nautical by Nature

Monday, May 14, 2012

Please tell me that you see what I did there with the title. Obscure 90s hip hop bands are my greatest love in life.

So, how was everyone's Mother's Day? My hubby pulled through with my favorite toffees from V Chocolates and a gift card for the mall to help me ease out of my shopping fast. He was all hurt when I didn't really respond to the chocolates, but that's because I accidentally saw them in the car and I'm really, really bad at acting surprised.

Hey, if your husband or significant other really pulled through this year, give him a little love in the comments so we can all bask in the awesomeness that is motherhood recognized, OK?

<span class=
Skinnies: Local (Contagious in SF for local girls)
Tank: Gap
Cardi: F21
Necklace: F21
Wedges; Gap

Moving on, this is what I wore.... to something last week. I want to say it was another soccer game, but I had a ton of running around to do as well. So out came the yellow skinnies. I've been wearing navy with them nonstop, but with the shoes, it got a little matchy. The red from the cardigan was just enough to take it out of obsessive territory, and made it look adorable and nautical. I LOVE NAUTICAL.

OK, now that was obsessive.

<span class=<span class=

Not gonna lie, I ended up changing into my TOMS later to go to the soccer game. Just full disclosure there.


<span class=<span class=
How awesome is this necklace? I bought it on my girls weekend. I love how it looks all tangly. Especially because my regular necklaces are always tangly because I never put them away properly.

I always love my Rainbow Brite toenail polish. Which has since been peeled off.

OK, so your assignment for the day is 1) recognize someone who was thoughtful and lovely on Mother's Day in the comments section and 2) tell me if you also have a soft spot for 90s hip hop and actually understood the title of this post. GO!

14 comments:

Allison Hill said...

1) my husband TOTALLY rocked this mothers day, which was also my birthday, and gave me a pink maxi dress, a purple maxi skirt, sandals in pink AND blue, and tons and tons of bright chunky bracelets. I think he must have had some help but it was GREAT!!!!
2)You down wit' O.P.P.?

Jae said...

Allison, you are my hero.

And your hubs has great taste!

Unknown said...

My husband has temporarily failed Mother's Day. I did get to sleep in until 15 minutes before church started (we were only 25 minutes late, and most of that because one of our indoor cats had torn a hole in a window screen and gone out for a walk on her own!). And after church I took a 4 hour nap. Ahhhhhh. Uninterrupted sleep was pretty dang good. He admitted to forgetting that Mother's Day was this week (well, mostly that it was this paycheck). So I could either settle for not much right now or wait for something better. I'll totally wait if it means better goods :P I made myself a maxi skirt last week though (which I've worn a few too many times since then) and have some fab fabric for another one. Seriously, give me enough knit fabric and I'll live in maxi skirts with yoga waistbands. SOOOOOOOOO comfortable, and super cute too. Even a few of the kids in dd's 4th grade class complimented me on my skirt when I was helping in her class last week! I'm such an awesome mom, I know.

Leah Elzinga said...

After our "Come to Jesus" mtg last year where, after 12 yrs together, I let him in on the fact that "I don't need anything" or "it's not that big of a deal" is my way of saying "You should get me something I DON'T need but DO want" and "it will be a BIG DEAL if you don't get me anything" he's really been putting in an effort. Boy has been great at realizing it's not about the money, just about getting a little recognition. And should that recognition come in a Canon box, well all the better. And really, I can't be the only one who thinks it's a total scam that Mom's day comes right before Dad's day, right? It's like built-in motivation for them to do right so they can get it back in another month!

And is Naughty by Nature obscure? Maybe if you're lame... I kid, I kid!

Sara M said...

My husband was a sweetheart for Mothers Day, he was going to have flowers waiting for me at home...(we're from wyoming and were visiting utah) and he wanted to take me to a nice dinner BUT since we spent all of saturday car shopping we couldn't do that, but since it was Mother's Day we're counting the new car as a mommy gift ha ha, I got a new car :-) a new Ford Explorer. I told my husband it was the thought that counted on the other things. Love you Stephen!
Okay, 90's bands, loved them! Anyone remember PC QUEST? I loved their CD, I think it was their one and only CD but still yay they were good. I still have some of their songs pop in my head now and then. (singing to myself) "After the summers gooooone, in a world that's as big as I...." yay!

Jessica said...

I got a Tassimo coffee machine, which is what I wanted. So now with the push of a button and in 20seconds I can have a latte or espresso or a fresh cup of coffee with no mess to clean up.

I love that necklace so much! Is there some place I can buy one online? If not, it was just cruel to show it to me! :)

Jae said...

Jessica, here it is!
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=acc_necklace&ProductID=1000046542&VariantID=

Jessica said...

Thanks! Now I am looking on the website at other things. How do F21 tops tend to fit? I normally wear a medium or a size 6.

Jae said...

We're probably about the same size then. I usually go with the medium unless it looks blousy or loose on the model. Underneath each pic there's stats on the model's size, so I use that. But the vast majority of my tops from there are a M.

Jessica said...

Also, I love how on thier website they have a "faux leather tube top" listed under "basics".

Jennifer Wells said...

Hip hop hooray!

Men think women are crazy for saying things like, "You don't HAVE to get me anything," and then later being mad for not getting anything.

But it's because (at least in my opinion) it's much more thoughtful and romantic to believe that your significant other thought of you of his own accord and that you didn't have to make your gift another responsibility of your own.

Jae said...

Nora, that's EXACTLY it.I think most women just want to feel like their hubbies actually want to do something, rather than being told to.

Japanese Used Cars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jae said...

Gee, thanks Japanese Used Cars! I'm so happy that you got awareness.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.