Freaky Friday

Friday, May 18, 2012

OK, so Freaky Friday is suuuper late today. But I have good reasoning - it was my daughter's kindy grad today. So naturally we had to do that and then it threw the rest of my day completely off schedule. I'm the kind of person who has a calendar planning session every Sunday night. I like order because I'm a really scatterbrained person. So having my routine thrown off makes me insane. BUT! The grad was cute, and now I'm excited that I don't have to get my kid outta bed in the morning to catch the bus. I cherish my quiet time in the morning.

But I digress! I couldn't let Friday fly by without some snark!




Amy sent me an article with the title "Is This the Worst Nail Trend EVER?"

Let's see: Putting on fake nails that are shaped like duck feet and then bedazzling them like you were crafting while drink? Uh, yeah, I'd say that qualifies as the worst ever.



Stephanie sent me this prime specimen of front bum in the wold. Careful; it spooks easily. ANd by "spooks," I mean "jiggles".



Sara overcame pregnancy nausea to send me these shoes that straight up look like they were made from human flesh.

OOH! Story time! So when it comes to horror movies, I'm not as scared of ghosts and aliens as I am of slasher movies. Maybe because all slasher movies happen in sleepy towns full of cows and I happen to live in a sleepy town full of cows. Once, against my better judgement, I watched the new version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre with my hubs and our friends.

Aaaaaand I cried all the way home.

Through the corn fields.

The end.



Somewhere, Angelina Jolie is very glad that there exists a skirt that does the leg-sticking-out for her.


One of my favorite Pinterest finds because it was labeled "I need these NOW."

For you career as a street juggler?



Stephanie sent these shorts, which have so much going on that I feel like I have to properly categorize my feelings:
1) Where is this person's belly button? It concerns me.
2) Does this count as vajazzling? If you don't know what vajazzling is, don't ask questions and consider yourself lucky.
3) That lace looks like something I dug out of my sketchy bag of fabric scraps.
4) I feel like I see a bulge. DON'T LOOK.


Hey, I love pattern mixing as much as the next fashion blogger, but this looks like a thrift shopping hipster totally barfed on this poor model. WE GET IT YOU'RE OBSCURE.


I now present: The Saddest Patterned Tights I've Ever Seen. Why is one of the cats frowning? Is it because he knows that the wearer will be forever alone?





Brenda sent this hair purse that had a DIY and everything. It went like this:
Step 1: Find an old purse that you hate.
Step 2: Shave your head or scalp someone while they aren't looking.
Step 3: Glue it to your purse.
Step 4: Comb it lovingly as you acknowledge the fact that you're completely insane.
Step 5: Braid it and tell it secrets.
Step 6: Die.


I'm actually secretly glad Brenda sent it over, because I was wondering what to wear with my rainbow hair suit.


PHEW! Dodged that bullet!



I thought there was no way that we could top the ugliness of the cat swimsuit. But a wood grain swimsuit might actually win. Especially with the inexplicable Wet Seal belt slapped on there as an afterthought.

OH! I feel like this "wood" be a good time for a pun contest. HAHAHA. I'm clever. If you love me, you'll indulge my love of puns with a comment that has to do with this swimsuit.

Like "Birch, please."
Or, "I've been pining for this suit forever."
And "If we cut her open, will we find out how old she is?"

Um, wow. That went to a really dark place just now.

Oh, if only I could harness all of the potential I have.

But seriously. Wood swimsuit puns. Winner gets a nicely worded compliment from me. GO!



Well, the mailman just dropped a box of 10 books at my door and they're not going to read themselves. I have a big night planned, apparently.

18 comments:

Krista said...

Okay here goes!!! I am sure she is planning to "branch out" with some great accessories!

Jae said...

Hahaha that might make it oak-k!

Unknown said...

I'm not really feeling my puns today, but it's probably because I'm totally distracted by those shovel nails and our most recent encounter with such. The other night we went to get dinner at the gas station (I know, we sound SUPER classy right now -- Jakes Brookside in Springville. Their food is okay but their fries are aMAYzing. Seriously. And their fountain drinks are super cheap. That's my justification for the fact that we got family dinner at the local gas station). Annnyway -- the woman who rang us up had shovel nails very much like those you showed here. They're at least 1/4 inch thick and terrible. I was cringing as she used the touch screen monitor to enter our order *thump thump chunk whack thump*. She's either gonna have to start entering things using her knuckle or replace the poor screen! Fortunately she was not the one preparing our food. I doubt the food prep gloves have yet been produced that can cover those monstrosities.

Jae said...

Janelle, I totally eat at Fast Gas in Salem... and then I begin a shame spiral.

But seriously THOSE NAILS. How do they get jewelry on? You cannot get rings and and off of those salad spoons they are calling nails.

Thea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The other cat is smiling... While it looks up her skirt...

Anna said...

My hubby walked by while I was looking at the nails and said, "At least she can swim faster." They are like flippers for your fingers.

Wendy said...

I'm not sure how she can wipe her butt with those nails. Just sayin'. :) And how could I *not* look for the bulge once you mentioned it? Now I can't seem to look away!

Emily said...

She's probably "board" of the "planking" trend. Maybe she was hoping something new "wood" come along.

Fraya said...

This look wouldn't be very "poplar" on the beach.

Jae said...

Anon... but why does the other cat look so traumatized? Did he see something that he didn't want to?

Fraya, being the pun lover I am, I loled.

Manda said...

I have to lumber up before I put my swimsuit on!

And now I feel like my dad.

Amy said...

She looks like she it "decked" to the Pines.
It's pretty pathetic but hey, at least I redeemed myself with the duck feet nails. Still make me gag BTW.

Hillary said...

I bet that swimsuit caused a lot of stiff woodies! ;)

She should "leave" that suit at the store!

If I had to wear that suit, I'd walk the plank!

That's all I've got (and they're admittedly not very good, lol).

Unknown said...

www0817
dsquared2
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet online
uggs outlet
pandora outlet
adidas superstar
air jordan uk
pandora
moncler online
ugg boots on sale 70% off

yanmaneee said...

jordan 4
nike air max 95
christian louboutin outlet
christian louboutin outlet
air jordan
yeezy boost 350
nike shox
birkin bag
fila shoes
michael kors handbags

themmeaut said...

replica bags paypal accepted replica bags near me replica bags forum

Unknown said...

m2y12k4e80 l1g51p1x68 l3h80w8p34 a8m23n4t65 q2l28o0x50 d9u69u9z79

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.