What I Wore: Boogie Nights

Monday, April 16, 2012

Just so you know, my stress level is at like, 98.7 percent right now because it's tax day. For some of the world, tax time means extra money and shopping sprees. Unless you're self employed, in which case, it's a terrifying time which results in the emptying of one's bank account. I'll be happy when it's all sent off and out of my life, so that's what my day is revolving around. Well, that and my daughter's soccer practice.

I don't even know who I am anymore.

Photobucket

You know what makes it better? 70s-inspired maxi dresses, that's what.

Dress: Charlotte Russe
Espadrilles: Delicious
Bracelets: Um, one is a necklace my hubs got me from Kay jewelrs and the wooden beads are from Target lol I'm so high brow it's not even funny.
Earrings: Charlotte Russe

 I love love love this dress. I feel like every woman have something like this in her closet. Not a disco dress per se, but something that doesn't need any undershirts, overshirts, cardigans, belts or anything else to make it work. The best part about the print is that it means the dress is enough on its own, so I didn't need to add much. That means extra sleep-in time. Winner!


Ugh, new blogger still confounds me.  But I heart espadrilles, so it's OK. I basically wanted to ave disco dance-off all day long... any takers? 


Photobucket
 Also, check out mah hair. I basically just tied the bottom half into a messy bun and then criss-crossed what was left at crown into an even messier bun. It was special, because I didn't have to actually wash my hair, which is pretty overrated. What I'm saying is that I look fancy here, but I really was the laziest I could have possibly been.

Well, it's been fun... but I have to get back to taxes. Thank goodness for Emancipation Day, or I'd be scrambling at the last minute...ha! 

Also, I'm happy to report that despite a moment of weakness on Saturday, I have not bought any new clothes yet this month. Instead, I bought a peachy new bronzer. You like? That should tide me over for like, three hours at least.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I love love love your hair. You should give a more detailed tutorial about how you do your messy bun.

Jennifer Wells said...

You look gorgeous. I like prints like this. Am I crazy, or does it almost seem Asian?

You should do a hair tutorial. I know you described how you did this but yes, I'm that helpless.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, I love the criss cross bun you got going on!!! I'm the queen of messy/dirty buns haha and I'll have to try that out! :)

Jae said...

I think I should do a hair tutorial for this on Wednesday! It's super easy -- I Just did "The Twisted Sister" from the Beauty Department except not neat at all. lol. Because I'm lazy.

Nora, when I was in church I just sat there trying to figure out the pattern... like some has leopard print, then there's a bunch of paisley and different colors. I like that it's all crazy!

Jennifer Wells said...

Your description of the pattern reminds me of dazzle paint that was used on warships during World War I.

Alissa said...

PLEASE do a hair tutorial! (I rushed right over here on Wednesday to see if it was up yet!) I tried to do it the other day and just tended up with a rat's nest.

I LOVE your blog.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.