Super Quick Crossed Messy Bun Tutorial

Thursday, April 19, 2012







Hey guys! So even though I'm quite possibly the most awkward person on camera, I classed it up by filming myself doing the criss-cross messy bun from What I Wore.
Here's the breakdown.
1) Brush out your hair.
2) Gather it up in a half pony and clip on top of your head like a crazy person.
3) Pull the bottom portion (rattail!) into a messy bun. Doesn't matter what it looks like.
4) Take out the clip, gather your hair in a half pony higher than the first one so you have a layer of loose hair in between your half pony and the messy bun.
5) Separate the loose hair into two sections and cross over each other. Then, wind one side around your messy bun and pin. Repeat on the other side. If you have leftover strands, just pin 'em in. IT'S MESSY, OK?
6) Take down the top, brush it out.
7) Repeat separating into two sections, cross over and pin.
8) Mess up the bun and pin leftover strands.
9) Pull out a few sections at the front so you don't look like a naught librarian.
10) High five your sweet self in the mirror. Oh yeah.

Also, feel free to make fun of the fact that I say "super" a lot. It's super embarrassing.

Hope that helps! Lemme know if you have any q's and I'll come over to your house and show you in your mirror. Creepy? Yes.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your video is private and can't be viewed.

Jae said...

It should work now!

Anonymous said...

I can't get it to work either. :(

Jae said...

It should be public now. Baahhh computers why!? Lemme know if it's still not working for you!

Alissa said...

Worked! I love it and I'm trying it when the boy goes to sleep. You should make more videos--you're good on camera!

Anonymous said...

If only you knew someone who does video. Nice work, great content, crappy quality of video... Is that an iphone?

JK
Shane

Jae said...

Shane, I just can't afford you!

Don't you bag on my iPhone ever.

And for readers who think I'm sparring with a random person, Shane is my brother in law. lol.

jen bryner said...

ok, so when you cross the two pieces...are you just wrapping them underneath/around? it's hard to tell. but it looks very easy so i know what i'm trying today! i'm so happy i found your blog!!! i can pretend we are friends, right? i'd like to think if we were neighbors we'd be friends :) THANK YOU for your advice on clothes and hair!

Jae said...

Jen, we're totally friends. OK when you cross the pieces over, you're just taking whatever's left and wrapping that section around the base of the messy bun, if that makes sense!

Anonymous said...

hey. we can't even see the back of your head. we need some back of the head shots.

Lauren said...

lol Yeah, Jae. I appreciate the dialogue and all, but it would be really helpful if we could've been watching the back of your head -- ya know, where everything is actually going on.

Love ya, though! Yours is one of my fav blogs!

Jae said...

Hey, cut me some slack. I just really like looking at myself in the mirror. I'm vain like that.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.