4 Celeb Fashion Lines That Don't Make Me Want to Barf

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

You guys,

So what's up with celebs wanting to be good at everything? It's like, they can't handle just being famous for singing and acting. Soon, it's perfume lines, and shoe lines, and Broadway and shuffleboard championships. Like, CALM DOWN, celebs. You have enough money.

That's why every time I hear a celeb is coming out with a new fashion line, I cringe a bit inwardly. For one, they're already rich. For two, there's a really good chance it's just their name on the line and they actually have nothing to do with it (I'm looking at you, Kardashians) and three, it could be really, really bad. No names.

But once in a while, a celeb lends her name to something that is actually wearable. It doesn't happen super often, but when it does, I find myself stalking that celeb's stuff and buying it for myself. Of course, a lot of the time, celeb stuff is also crazy expensive. I love Rachel Zoe's stuff, but I'm also not starring in a Martin Scorcese film anytime soon, so I probably can't afford any of it. But it's fun to look at, right?

If you're wondering which lines are cute, and which are totally crap, I give you: 5 Celeb Fashion Lines That Don't Make Me Want to Barf.

What can I say? I have a way with words.

1) LC by Lauren Conrad

OK, so it's safe to say I have a raging girl crush on LC, but why not? She's someone who got famous through reality TV and didn't go completely insane. And her stuff if what I would wear in real life, not like a $600 cat collar. 

 

 Check out this adorable maxi dress - for $36! It would look sooo cute with a biker leather jacket and some wedges. Or totally wedding appropriate with a cardigan and some strappy heels.

And the chiffon blazer? I die. I would love this with some leather jeggs and heels, or work super casual with jeans and flats. 

Thanks for not being a crazy famewhore and giving us cute clothes, LC.

PS I have a pair of her jeans and I love them. Super comfy and they fit really well.

2) Jessica Simpson.

I tend to think Jessica Simpson in really weird, and for a long time, if I saw her name on a pair of shoes I liked, I'd be all depressed because I thought that meant I had bad taste. But whether she's just slapping her name on them of she actually helped design them, these bad boys are gorgeous.
NO REALLY. They're $98 and you can find tons of her stuff on sale too, usually at Macys and other department stores. Her shoes and bags are equally cute and feminine, which I can appreciate, even if she doesn't know what tuna is. 

And no, she will never live that down.

2. Jennifer Lopez for Kohls

Remember when J. Lo had a Sweetface line for like, two seconds? I think I even had a Sweetface shirt when I was like, 19. It went down in flames because no one really wanted to dress like Jenny from the Block. But her new collection for Kohls is surprisingly refined. I'm not overly impressed with the clothes, but I actually really like the accessories. These earrings would be perfect with a plain white tee for summer.

4. Olsenboye


 
OK, so the Olsen twins are like, legit designers. They have three lines: Elizabeth & James, The Row, and Olsenboye. The first two are serious Fashion Week labels and super pricey, but they also have a supercute discount line at JCPenney. Granted, it's a juniors line, so the clothes are young. But the shoes and bags? I heart. I love the worn-in vibe from this one and there are a bunch of other cute things for under $50. 

Dishonorable Mention: The Kardashian Kollection

 OK, let's get one thing straight. About 70 percent of the KK is HORRIBLE. First of all, the majority of dresses are short they will legitimately put your vulva on display. And there are WAY too many leopard-print jumpsuits for my comfort. But there are a few gems.

This maxi dress is $40 and it's super cute for summer... there's a few other maxis that are pretty adorable, which I can admit in a grudging way. The shoes are so cheap tranny that they make me want to poke my eyes out. But the jewelry, the maxis, and the bags are OK. Luckily I can rest my conscience by knowing that not one Kardashian actually had a hand in anything other than taking Photoshopped pictures to promote this stuff. Ahhhh.

Ugh, this was the hardest post to write EVER. Finding celeb lines that aren't crap or cost a million dollars was a challenge. Buuuut if I've talked any of you into buying something, I consider my job done. You're welcome, celeb designers. I accept appreciation cheques whenever you want to send 'em.

3 comments:

Sheriece said...

I heart my velvet LC skinnies as well. Like a glove.

And OH, THOSE SHOES!

Fraya said...

So do you think Lady Gaga will come out with a clothing line because I would love to hear your reaction to those clothes. Lol!

Jae said...

The universe would actually explode. I think that's what the Mayans were really talking about.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.