What I Wore: Hippy Dippy

Monday, October 17, 2011

I think I usually stray toward straight-laced, more formal styles. If you asked my favorite type of look in general I'd have a hard time choosing between "Girl Next Door" and "50s Mad Men Secretary." lol. By the way, those are both totally real styles. I should know, I just made them up.

I've never really gotten on board with the whole Boho movement. While I totally love me some Nicole Richie-esque maxi skirts, macrame and head scarves just aren't me. So when I saw this crazy shirt it took me a long time to finally just buy it. No joke, I tried it on like, three times and kept asking my mom, who was shopping with me "Is this totally crazypants or what?" I finally just ended up buying it. Because when in doubt, buy and work it out.

Still, it wasn't totally "me" until I style it with my trusty old Fryes. I think it makes the shirt a little more down-to-earth than had I worn this with like, a maxi skirt and some platforms, right? I guess it's a Jae way to dress like a total hippie.

Photobucket
Top: Local boutique
Belt: Walmart woo!
Jeans: A&F (I have like 90 pairs, sue me.)
Boots: Frye
Leather bracelet: Marc Jacobs
Earrings: F21

I HAD to belt it. It was so impossible for me not to because I felt like the shirt was so floaty that it needed some structure to bring it down to earth a little bit. The crazy print was just TOO crazy.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I love these earrings. They're made out of shell but carved to look like wings. Aaaand they were like $4, thank you F21. Also, please note that EVERY TIME we take pictures my son wants to get in there and do kiss pictures. I can't say no!

I still don't think I'm totally cut out for boho looks but I guess this is the best of both worlds. I'll still take a pencil skirt anyday.

So now I ask YOU, if you could describe your style, how would you describe it? Tired Mom-on-the-Go? Girls Night Out Rockstar? Pajama Chic?

Also, if you haven't seen this article on The Daily Mail's website, check it out!

8 comments:

The Diaries of a Wimpy Mom said...

Love the kissy picture. Love the outfit. LOVE your house.

Jae said...

LOL thanks! I've had to make peace with sawdust... lots and lots of sawdust... but other than that, I'm a fan too!

Anonymous said...

I love the outfit and of corse the picture with your handsome little man is priceless and so adorable. :)

Carrie S. said...

Fryyyyes! I need some.
I'm more of a girl next door type too!

Jae said...

Those boots are my fave fashion investment... and by investment I mean present my husband bought me.

bequi said...

I would like to email you a picture of a sexy costume. But here's the thing:

I can't find your email address anywhere, and I don't want to just post it on your wall because it's a picture of my SISTER, and I don't want it traced back to me. will you email me your address, and then post the picture anonymously? I already blacked out her face...

Jae said...

Haha bequi you make me laugh! you can get at me here:
nomoremomjeans at gmail dot com
This had better be good! lol

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm more a girl next door type. I dress a lot like you but NEED the Frye's... Maybe Mom Chic? I'm not Office Chic but wish I had the energy and money to be. I never wear reveleaing clothes... Form fitting and figure flattering is fine but it would be an extremely rare occasion to find me in anything showing clevage, or a mini skirt... 2nd kid really killed my ability to rock a mini.

Lela

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.