Freaky Friday

Friday, October 7, 2011

If you were over on the Facebook fan page (see right sidebar) this week, you know that I was lamenting about Pinterest. I love that site with all of my heart but I hate all of the bad fashion floating around over there. Even worse when I see pins and I'm like "Nooooooo stoooooop!" My awesome friend Nat (I call her Nat because her name is impossibly hard to spell and includes an inexplicable 'h') suggested I do a freaky Friday Pinterest edition to get it off my chest. ANd so next week, I shall. I just needed to do some email inbox cleaning first. Let's say a big thank you to Kim, Lindsay and Beth for sending me some of the week's best uglies.

Also, I think we're going to do a contest the last week of October. I want to see who can find the most ridiculous "sexy" costume and send it to me at nomoremomjeans at gmail dot com. I don't know what the prize will be yet, but if you come across like, sexy Pikachu, I want to KNOW!

Without further ado (which I originally had spelled as 'adieu' because I write too early in the morning lol)



Weirdly flesh colored? Check. Bunchy and unflattering? Check check. Makes Jae want to stab herself? Check, check and check!


Ummm. These shoes make me feel awkward and uncomfortable. One word: vajungle.


These look pretty sensible for the slopes, I would say.


Satin + capris = plus sized disaster. AVOID.


Oh, I know Rihanna is wearing these somewhere right now, despite the fact they're basically upscale parachute pants.


I know I say this every week, but this has GOT to be the worst jumpsuit we've ever had. I never knew one could be this bad. Really? Acid wash? Is that even necessary?


Creepy legging alert! Newsflash: I don't want to see the flesh of your upper thigh. Ever.


Kim pointed out that the best part of these shorts were that they were titled "Pleasure Doing Business With You."

Um, which business would that be? A hysterectomy?

Well, I know I sufficiently want to curl into the fetal position and lament the state of fashion, but I have to get some work done. I have a fun girl's night planned, which means roughly two hours of tearing my closet apart to find something to wear. I might be excited that it's a little chilly out today because I have a new blazer that is begging to be worn. I shall! I shall wear you, forgotten blazer!!

15 comments:

Jenna said...

These were on Pinterest??? Oy.

Jae said...

lol Jenna, no these weren't. Next week's will be though. I've found some doozie "outfits" over there.

Beth said...

I think those shorts might be better than the uterus pillow!

Morgan Hagey said...

I'm wearing those last shorts tonight! Trust me they look way worse in person.

Jae said...

lol Morgan, I bet myself that you would come on here and tell me you were going to wear one of these items tonight. I'm so very glad you chose the hyster-sister shorts. I approve heartily.

Deveny said...

I've heard about clothes giving guys the wrong idea but seriously? Ribbon lady parts on shorts?

And I for one would love to follow you on pinterest!

Jae said...

Your wish is my command! Follow me here:
http://pinterest.com/jaestar05/

Carly said...

vajungle!!!

Nathaly Blalock said...

Perfect description of my name, lol. Well done. THanks for noTHing, Hispanic parents.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so need the shorts. Thanks for the laugh.

but, um, "ado".

Jae said...

Hahaha that's what I get for writing early in the morning!! Brain hadn't warmed up yet.

jacblanch said...

WTH is up with the satin capri's picture?! The skinny ankles do NOT match up with the volumptuous upper half of the picture. That looks like an awful photo shop job. And the pants are hideous! Quite possibly the fugliest capri's I've ever seen.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Oh look, here are the comments! I second the weirdo capri/ankle photo shop job. Or is it plastic surgery gone awry?

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jae said...

It's gotta be photoshop... look at the very bottom of the pants. They're all raggedy and weird. It reminds me of the mutant toys in Toy Story.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.