What I Wore: Tangerine Dream

Monday, August 1, 2011

YAY! Are you guys ready for this? It's my FIRST OUTFIT POST. Despite the fact that I feel like a complete idiot having my husband take pictures of me for my blog, I'm excited to add this to the site and I think it'll be inspiring to come up with cute, mom-appropriate outfits (that aren't camo pants and flip flops, natch.) So without further adieu, I give you our first "What I Wore" post. Drum roll please!


(Click the pic for better details, stupid Blogger)

Ruffled tank top: Local boutique
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Pencil skirt: JC Penney
Flower ring: F21
Bracelets: Charlotte Russe
Necklace: Buckle
Belt: Came with skirt
Shoes: Qupid
Tote: Calvin Klein




Accessory pics! These shoes make me die with delight!

Alright, so this peach/coral outfit was inspired by my messy room. Which means, I came home from shopping and threw this tank top on the floor, which happened to be where my favorite coral cardigan was. A wonderful color pairing was born. I added my Mad Men-esque skirt and then my leopard pumps that I pined for and finally bought but have only worn twice. This is the kind of person I am. Anyway, I wore this to church, which explains the world's biggest tote bag: it's stuffed with crayons and fruit snacks and books to ensure good children during the hour-long first meeting. Also, sometimes I eat the gummy worms in there. It's shameful but how else am I supposed to stay awake? I mean REALLY.

I also really love the layered necklace I'm wearing. I bought it on a whim and find myself wearing it with anything I possibly can. It's one piece so it's easy to slap on and look like I tried.

Also, a couple of style notes that you can use. See how my shirt is untucked? I do that when my cardigan or jacket is shorter than the top of my pants/skirt, since otherwise you get a weird strip of fabric. If my topper meets or is longer than the top of my pants, I'll tuck in the undershirt for a cleaner overall look. Does that make any sense at all? It's just one of those little things that make a big difference style-wise.

Also, my legs are really tan and I'm pretty happy about that.

ANYWAY, how did I do? Should we keep this and do it weekly or are you like OMG Jae shut up?

27 comments:

A Mormon Mommy said...

I love it! It's way cute and seeing what other people put on their bodies is totally inspiring!!

Jae said...

Thanks! I think it might be helpful if I ever get over the sheer anxiety I feel about allowing myself to be judged! lol... said the most judgmental person EVER.

mushbelly said...

Love it. Definitely keep up the outfit posts. Its fun to see your fashion tips in action! And I love that layered necklace. I might go get one.

Anonymous said...

You look great! I love your blog and honestly I wasn't sure about the outfit posts, but I have a feeling I may soon wear a VERY similar outfit to work ;-)
Luckily I live on the other side of the US from you and no one I work with even reads blogs, so my secret it safe. Thank you Jae!

--TMJ

jacblanch said...

Keep it up, keep it up! It gives me cute ideas that I haven't thought of before. Like putting those colors together! SO cute!

Jae said...

Thanks girlies! Steal away! This outfit would look good on literally anyone. I will point out that my husband called me pumpkin like five times yesterday and every time I was like "IT'S CORAL ACTUALLY!"

Ashley said...

I love it! Gorgeous!

At first I thought you wore that today, Monday running errands or something. And I was like "Um, I will never look like that on a Monday" lol. In fact I'm still in my PJs and haven't even brushed my hair.

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

What I am thinking now is...annnnnd why has she never done these before?! Totally cute. LOVE the outfit and the shoes...well...the shoes...yum. I need them in my life. Your blog is one of my very fav's. I die laughing at your take on the Freaky Friday posts etc. Have passed it on many times. I say keep these up. You look great. :)WIW posts are always lots of fun and I take personal inspiration from them as well. XO

Jae said...

Haha Ashley, um no I do not dress like this to run errands, I promise. I'm a jeans, tee and flip flop girl then. Or at jeans, tee and sparkly flats or something lol.

I have the best (and most attractive) readers in the world! ... looks like WIW posts are keepers!

kimmie said...

Love it, Jae!

If you have trouble with Blogger messing up your images, I'd suggest resizing it on your computer to a certain width (like 400 or 500 pixels) and then upload it to Blogger and select "display original size" - I've found that it helps with the distortion! :)

Jae said...

kimmie, you're a genius! Next time I promise less blurry pics! lol.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I actually wore an almost identical outfit to work today :-)

Lisa Jones said...

you look adorable! keep the outfit posts coming!

Ryan Porter - Make Your Own Lunch TM said...

I love the shoes!! ...so cute...you should give them to your mom! And the sweater would be a nice gift to me too. Very cute Jacqueline and the post is a great idea. XOX

Bonnie said...

By the way this was my comment and not Ryan's... That would be weird

Jae said...

HAHAHA I always knew Ryan had a thing for leopard print.

Jae said...

PS MOM (yes everyone that's my mom commenting on my blog) that sweater could clash with your hair. I'm only saving you from yourself.

Jennifer Wells said...

You look lovely, well-done.

Your blog helps me to look totally cute, thanks!

Misty said...

Love it. You're really my only chance to someday not dress like a homeless person. But you know, no pressure or anything.

Jenna said...

Love it, girl! Yeah, I say keep these posts up. Maybe once or twice a week. It's fun!

Jae said...

lol Misty, I take the responsibility very seriously. Just wanted to let you know.

Avi said...

I say keep this up! It's nice to see what to put together and not look like a mess! Definitely learning how to not dress like a mom!

Morgan Hagey said...

I think this is a very good idea, these "What I wore" posts. Jae, you're my soul-mate. Not cuz we're twins but because you complete me.

Kate said...

I just figured out how to leave a comment! Hooray! I had no idea what the number in pink meant until I clicked it out of frustration and landed here in comment land, lol. I really really wanted to chime in and echo everyone else. Keep them coming! Love this combo. I'd love to recreate it for work. Thanks, Jae!

Unknown said...

replica designer bags high quality replica handbags high quality designer replica

sheateec said...

i loved this Dolabuy Prada her comment is here https://www.dolabuy.su useful site replica designer bags

shachel said...

h1c99r9j05 g7a88y6e66 r7l77r6v17 t7o31b4q33 x5l14c2t20 c3m47i4u15

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.