What I Wore: Blue Suede Shoes

Monday, August 22, 2011

All my Facebook friends knew when I bought these shoes AND when I got them in the mail, so they should definitely know about the first time I wore them. I'm kind of obsessed with these blue shoes. I have another pair of teal Steve Madden's, but the corset detail on the back of these babies was too adorable to miss. Anad a bow!? Swoon! They came in black, red, nude and blue and I thought, what the heck... everyone needs some blue shoes. Even Elvis knew that.



Tank top: Charlotte Russe
Tuxedo cardigan: Joe
Skirt: Arden B
Shoes: Qupid
Necklace: F21
Bangles: Charlotte Russe

Normally I wouldn't pair blue shoes with a blue top, but I really loved the idea of doing a peacock/jewel tone type of outfit. Still, I'm dying to wear these with a plainer shirt because I think they would be adorable in like, 9,000 different applications.

Also, I thought I looked short in that picture until I realized that the chair behind me looks like it belongs in a dollhouse. Those shoes gave me an extra five or six inches so I clocked in around 5'9", Take that, Tyra!


My peacock necklace sees as much action as I'll give it. It generally matches anything, but I love to wear it with white. Also, fun fact: If your feathered accessories get a little crazy because you left them in your vanity drawer under your makeup case (not that it ever happens to me or anything) use a little hairspray to get it back into shape.



I could not love a human baby as much as I love these shoes.

Blue shoes: Not a must-have, but definitely a probably-should-have.


4 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Oooh gorgeous. Okay question, so if you "normally" wouldn't wear blue shirt + blue shoes, um, what do wear the blue shoes with?

Jae said...

LOL Morgs. Usually when I wear fancy shmacy shoes, I try to make the rest of the outfit a little more subdued. Like, white and black with maybe a few peacock accessories. But then I put this together and I loved it way too much. Also, I want to try wearing these shoes with a gray tweed skirt or something. The possibilities are endless!

Jenna said...

Ohhhhh so pretty.

I saw Payless has some blue "suede" platform pumps that are so gorgeous. I might need them.

Jae said...

Do it! Do it!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.