Freaky Friday: The Clearance Rack

Friday, July 29, 2011

Today I decide to shirk my blogging duties and take my kids to see Winnie the Pooh, which you would have KNOWN had you been a fan of my Facebook page. I've been whimpering over previews for a good two months now. Like, please, with the "Somewhere Only We Know" background music? Tug at my heart strings some more. Luckily, all of my attention was taken by my son yelling at me to be quiet for absolutely NO REASON for the entire movie, so I didn't embarrass myself too badly. Plus there were only three other people in the theater. On the way home, I girded my loins and popped into a local thrift shop. AND GUESS WHAT! I actually had a really good experience. I plan to tell you all about it next week. But seriously. I was in the zone and actually bought two things and didn't even cry. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

Anyway, all that bargain shopping inspired me to dig through some online clearance bins to see what lovely items I could find.


Honestly, I tend to avoid wearing anything that conjures the idea of "pigskin." Also, this company apparently believes everyone is square and it makes me angry.


OK, is it me, or are jumpsuits getting worse? Boo hiss. This one isn't even pretending to be modern.



So whimsical Julia Roberts from "Pretty Woman" called. She wants her man pants back.


WHY do they keep trying to make shape up shoes cute? THEY ARE NOT CUTE. They look like Frankenstein started a shoe line. I see what you're up to with those sequins, Skechers... and I'm NOT buying it.


Anything that makes people wonder if you have a hairy chest is no bueno.


Doesn't this defeat the purpose of wearing a jacket? I have never once put on a hoodie and wished I could show off my shoulders simultaneously. Call me crazy.

The saddest shorts I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. Besides the fact that they are droopy and depressing, they are the EXACT color of my legs in the winter. My legs in the winter are not pretty.



Ohhh yeah, nothing revs the engine like oversized teal shirts. Rawr! This woman just oozes sex appeal.



I can't remember what I was going to say about this, except that in the thumbnail on my computer, this woman looks like spaghetti.

Before I sign off this week, I have a question for my lovely readers. I could make it a poll, but I want your thoughts. How do you feel about outfit posts? Like when a blogger actually posts what she's wearing? Self absorbed or helpful? Because I could totally do it if it would be helpful, but since this isn't a "What I Wore Today" blog I don't want to overwhelm with self-centeredness (ie. LOOK AT HOW CUTE I LOOK!) I was thinking once a week because honestly, yesterday I wandered around in camo pants and flip flops. They aren't all winners, folks. Let me know in the comment section and we'll see what the consensus.

Happy weekend!

14 comments:

jacblanch said...

Yes , I want to see what you wear, no matter how self-absorbed the post may be!!! :)

Ashley said...

I would love outfit posts!

Melissa said...

I like outfit posts...I think the best ones are the ones where they post a weeks worth of outfits in one day.

Jennifer Wells said...

Helpful. You always choose cute clothes.

Jenna said...

Ok so I don't love when bloggers do outfit posts every single day. THAT does seem self-absorbed. But I think it's great once in a while and it's fun to see other people's fashion ideas. And since you're great at fashion, it'd be helpful and fun!

You should totally do the 30 for 30 Remix.

kjSmith said...

Ok, so I saw you yesterday. You were gorgeous in your camo pants. I was grody. You probably judged me and I wouldn't blame you. To my defense, my husband literally kidnapped me and didn't tell me we were going out to dinner until we were pulling into the parking lot.

You don't know me but I've been a reader since the beginning of your blog.

Megan said...

I love outfit posts! A blog I read has Wardrobe Wednesday. Just her in whatever she wore that day and links/info to each thing. It's great seeing clothes on REAL people!

Jae said...

Kj OF COURSE someone would see me wearing camp pants and sans makeup. Kill me! See, even I resign myself to flip flops sometimes. Lol was it at a restaurant?
I'm liking all these pro outfit comments! I think we might definitely make it a weeky thing!

mcmcolospgs said...

I vote yes for you posting what you are wearing. Because I'm totally nosey like that. ; )

Kara said...

A friend of mine has one of those blogs where she posts outfits and I know for a fact she doesn't do it because she's self-centered- she's the least self-centered person I know! She does ALOT of clothes shopping on ebay, so she focuses her blog on that and posts pictures of outfits she puts together from ebay finds. So I say do it, because it's fun to actually see how outfits work on a real person!

kjSmith said...

We passed each other in the parking lot outside of Magleby's. I was actually looking at your husband trying to place where I had seen him before and when I finally figured it out I just got a glimpse of you.

Small world.

I like wardrobe posts as well.

Jae said...

So funny! What are the odds? Plus... Maglebys = delish.

A.Pandina said...

oh do post! that would be a good read.

kimmie said...

I like outfit posts! I'm always interested in seeing what other people are wearing :)

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.