Freaky Friday: Royal Wedding Edition

Friday, April 29, 2011

Just in case you weren't tired enough of Matt Lauer going on about the wedding, I had to weigh in. I'll admit I absolutely did not get up to watch the wedding take place. Instead I woke up around 8 and tuned into the Today Show for the sole purpose of seeing the dress. Union for the British Monarchy? I don't care... what was she wearing?



Um she was wearing the most awesome dress of all time. The only thing that makes me sad is that now this dress will be mass produced and everyone will wear it. C'est la vie. But this dress was spot on. The creative director for Alexander McQueen dressed her and I think it is pretty brilliant. I'm so relieved she didn't end up in some foofy concoction.


Speaking of concoctions, how many alcoholic versions did this girl drink before getting dressed? The only thing worse than the electric blue dress is the shoes, clutch, gloves and wackadoo hat. So basically the whole outfit. It looks like she was trying to fulfill the tacky drunk bridesmaid role.


So I love Joss Stone, but she always looks generally unwashed and barefoot. How did she clean up this nicely? I covet this dress. And the hat? Cute without being psychotic and attention grubbing UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE.


Just kidding, not you Queen Elizabeth. I can't say anything mean about you because I'm Canadian.


I LOVED Pippa's dress. And the name Pippa. If I ever have another baby, I will name it Pippa, boy or girl. Just kidding, I'll never have another baby. Next fish I get. Pippa for sure.


Unlike Miss Tim Burton over here. Like, she's totally not married to Tim Burton but her outfit is a little creepy like a Tim Burton movie is. Although, after looking at all of these pictures I feel like I need to invest in a pair of gloves.


Hellllooooo Mrs. Prime Minister! She did it right and looks like she was also reading my blog and learning about the importance of a nude shoe. I appreciate your allegiance! She's lovely.


You know what really helps Victoria Beckham's ice queen reputation? Wearing all black to a wedding. Not to mention I hate when pregnant women cover their bumps with giant clothes. Show it off! It's the only time it's socially acceptable to have a gargantuan belly.

Becks on the other hand looks dapper and adorable and I want to marry him immediately even though his voice is jarringly high and feminine.


Oh sisters. I can only imagine that Eugenie thought she would steal the show with her bright blue dress until Beatrice sauntered in with a massive cameo necklace pinned to her head. IN YOUR FACE 'GENIE!.


Kate's mom looked adorable. And I always feel badly for Camilla. I would really hate to be known as the other woman for the rest of my life. Of course, that's because I've never been an other woman and that would be a fat lie. Maybe it's different if you really are the other woman?

So, now that the wedding is over, can I get back to watching normal TV again? I swear, if TLC plays another version of the Wills and Kate love story instead of Strange Addictions I WILL cry.

(Photo credits: Geoff Pugh, REUTERS, Getty Images and PA)

11 comments:

bequi said...

Who is Camilla?

Jenna said...

Oh you know, Bequi, the homewrecker who Charles ran off with!

I LOVED the dress. LOVED it. And I agree about Bex's awful woman voice. WTF?

Studio Rachel Photography said...

Has anyone else noticed that David Beckham has his medal pinned on the wrong side of his lapel? It is supposed to be on his left. It may be my anal nature but it is driving me nuts.

Missy said...

Thanks so much for saying all of that. I totally agree. It is almost like it is required to wear one ugly at to a royal wedding.

I also agree, I love the dress. So elegant and not overdone. Just perfect.

Jae said...

lol... I was like wait, is her name really Camilla or am I on crack?

Jenna... I'd love Becks so much more if he never opened his mouth ever again. But I never would have noticed about the medal! I was too busy staring at his Adonis-like features. lol!

Anonymous said...

I cannot get OVER how amazing Pippa looked!

You gotta give it to Victoria's sky high heels whilst pregnant...the rest of her? meh.

Jae said...

Seriously. I would love her Louboutins. Hot. But then the potato sack dress? What a letdown. I want to see belly!!

Beth said...

Okay I liked the dress but Kate just looked like she always looked. With that gorgeous hair she should have done an elegant updo.

Overall I was very disappointed with her look.

Anonymous said...

Oh I totally disagree! I loved her hair! I like that she was slightly understated :)

Unknown said...

I agree! Black for a wedding! No!
Some outfits where so ugly....You are so right...Freaky Friday :)
Hugs
http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I thought Victoria's dress looked dark blue.
Either way I thought it was appropriate. Anything more revealing would have been a "show stealer".

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.