Freaky Friday: More Etsy

Friday, March 18, 2011

I had so much fun last time I did a FF Etsy post I thought I'd do it again. Don't get me wrong. I love me some Etsy. I could spend hours browsing at the cute jewelry and headbands and whatnot. But venture into clothing and it's another story. There are a lot of basement designers and while some make gorgeous clothes... others make freaks of nature. Then we poke fun at them. YAY!


Introducing Arm Warmers! .... also known as sleeves.

I picture this as a really bad infomercial. "Are your arms freezing cold, yet your torso and shoulders are blazing hot? Sweaters can be a hassle."


Most depressing picture of a bum ever. The shorts say "I like to party," but the slouching says "Kill me now this is not what I signed up for when I went to modeling school."


Smile! You're homeless.


I saw this and immediately broke into Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Did I ever tell you that I was in my school's production of Joseph? Yeah, I was Potiphar's wife, the loosey lady that tries to get it on with the servant boy. I had high standards and even better acting chops, I tell you.


But it also comes in orange. It's subtler, I think. Also, these coats are like, $600. So start saving your pennies if you want to flounce around in one of these babies.


For when your arms are cold, and your CHEST is cold, but your upper arms are just right.


I've sat here looking at this dress, trying to figure out what I'm looking at. I'm afraid it's a uterus and a brain OR a sad plant. You be the judge.


I love that even the model is like WTH? This thing was clearly patched out of every green sweater that I had as a child.


Hey! I have one of these too! It's called a Snuggie.


This dress was listed as "goblin style." That's funny, I must have missed that episode of "Say Yes to the Dress."

"How would you like to look on your wedding day?"
"Um, like a creature from the underworld."

Nice.

I will say that I found some swoonworthy clothes on Etsy too. Let's just say it was a bad Freaky Friday for my credit card.

6 comments:

Blair said...

Oh I love Freaky Friday Etsy posts!

Krista Kale said...

I love Etsy, but I have to agree that some of it is just a wee bit CRAZY looking. This post was hilarious. I will be reading more. I found you from your guest post over at What Would Angela Do?

Anonymous said...

Do you know about the goodness that is Regretsy? It's all-bad Etsy all the time.

And it's a good thing.

Jae said...

Oh I know ALL about Regretsy. It's all I could do not to lift this entire post from there. It's such a guilty, guilty pleasure.

Morgan Hagey said...

Dear Jae- You already knew this, but we're soul mates. I have been in Joseph THREE times.
Love,
Morgan

Jae said...

Morgs, we must talk more about this. We are one.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.