What I Wore: Conversations About Food

Monday, July 28, 2014

Our little weekend away was a success, if only for the fact that I got to eat a very large fruit and cheese Danish and that's really all I look for in a getaway. My little brother (who is currently living in Burundi) and I spent this afternoon talking about all the foods that we'd like to eat the next time we're home in Canada. Things on the list: Schnitzel from our old neighborhood deli, snack cakes (he likes Hostess, I prefer Ah Caramel, both are trashy and gross) and baguettes torn up into pieces and eaten with spinach dip from the grocery store on our street, with pieces covertly fed to my parent's dog. I'll be heading up North in a month or two and it's only a successful trip if I get all of my favorite foods in.

Also, I maintain that if you have nothing to talk about in a large group of people, start talking about food. It wins always. I could talk about food all day, every day.

This outfit has nothing to do with food, except for the fact that the kimono would work well if you ate too much schnitzel and had to hide a food baby. Not that it every happens to me or anything *cough*


Tank: Maurices (similar)
Kimono: Max and Riley (similar) (love the leather) (cute!)
Skirt: c/o modbod (similar) (if you're into brocade)
Necklace: Aldo (hello, cheap!) (super classic)

Seriously, all I can think about is food right now. But in the meantime, I'm loving this kimono. I bought it on the cheap because I wasn't sure if I'd like it, and I'm a fan. It worked with this outfit, but I've mostly been wearing it with skinny jeans and flats for a super easy date night outfit. Moral of the story: I like food and buying cheap trendy items to make sure they work. I've already got my eye on another and I'm willing to spend a bit more because I know that I like this style. 

I mean, like, not as much as I like schnitzel and trashy Canadian snack cakes, but it's up there. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this, it looks a bit 1930s boudoir. In a good way.

Jelly!

Allison Hill said...

Nora I was just thinking that! And I've got kind of a pin up thing going on right now so I think I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon. As soon as I move... on Saturday...*commence freak out*

Rachael Cain said...

I was loving the kimono thing too, but I was always scared to take the plunge lest I end up looking like a Coachella-goer. But I love yours! Maybe I will dip my toe in the kimono waters sometime in the near future now that I see how differently you can style it.

Jae said...

Nora, I kind of got that vibe too lol. It's the shoes, I swear.

Allison - eep! Moving is the woooorst. Good luck!

R, it's one of those things where I was like "Am I too old for this? Whatever, screw it." I also think that if you find a kimono with a little more shape, it's less summer festivalish.

Krista said...

I had to click on the link "or, if you're an actual stripper" out of curiousity. Thanks for the laugh.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.