What I Wore: Andrew's Mom

Monday, July 21, 2014

Lest you think I'm just some weirdo glamazon who stomps around in heels all summer long, I give you an accurate representation of what I look like on a daily basis. I hate blow drying in the summer and reserve it for Sundays, so every other day it's in a braid, bun or air dried. I wear like, mascara and some bronzer and gaze at my heels wistfully while slipping on flats.

On this day, my youngest was having a play date with a little girl whom he refers to as his "girlfriend," so I was playing the part of "Andrew's mom." You know, it's when the kid who comes to play with yours only refers to you as your child's mom, and never your actual name? Andrew's mom was setting up the slip and slide and doling out PB&Js all day, so Andrew's mom wore a T-shirt and jeans.

T-shirt: Victoria's Secret (here) I am not joking when I say I bought four of these shirts in the last week - I also got the same as above in pink, and this one and this one. Love that they fit a little big and are super easy for every day without being sloppy. They do fit big though, so I ordered a size down (xs) 
Pants: Gap (similar) These have a zebra pattern and I can't find them anywhere :( I bought them in store though, so you might have more luck there. 
Shoes: Roxy (here) (similar) (cheap!)
Watch: Gucci (here)
Earrings: My nanny's (similar) I just wear plain Jane studs on most weekdays.

I will also point out that Goldfish were on the menu this day, as referenced by the piece on the floor between my feet. You'll be happy to know that my house got a top-to-bottom cleaning right after this and that Goldfish cracker is now safely ensconced in my Dyson. 

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with a tee and jeans. I definitely veer more toward casual clothes, especially during the summer when it's one layer or bust. Today Andrew's mom will be wearing something along the lines of shorts, a T-shirt and grocery shopping so you know, things are getting pretty glam around here. 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, a t-shirt and jeans is just satisfying. I try to not choose it every day, because therein lies falling into a rut. But the times that I do choose them, it feels good.

Unknown said...

Beauty, refueling! more

Rachael Cain said...

I will never be able to put into words my love for Victorias Secret Pink and their sizing. Every time I am there I get a thrill out of saying "I am positively swimming in this size small!"
This never happens.

Jae said...

Nora, totally. Once in a while is glorious.

R, I love it. I try on their shirts and am like "OMG look at my little baby bird bones I am TINY."

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.