What I Wore: Long Story Short

Monday, January 27, 2014





I spent all day Friday with the burning need for a hair appointment, so I headed down first thing Saturday morning and ended up chopping off a ton. Like, I looked at the floor after and nearly had a heart attack.You can see my new hairs here. Seriously, my hair grows so fast that I don't mind a dramatic cut every now and again and it's fun to do something totally new. Also, clothes look totally different with short hair. So I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe basically.

But I still have like, three outfits where I still have long hair. I always know that my hair is getting too long when I end up wearing it in a bun half the time. I almost never go out in public with a bun, but here I was, running kids around and going to a meeting like so:

Chambray: I think Papaya or in Canada wow top-notch blogging, Jae (similar) (similar) (plus size)
Pants: KUT from the Kloth (here in red plum) (similar)
Boots: Soda I think! (omg I love these) (way cheap) (similar)
Watch: Local craft fair (similar)
Ugh the collar on this shirt is rolled and it's making me a little crazy.

Thursdays are gymnastics days, which mean I spend an hour and a half sitting in the bleachers and eavesdropping on other annoying parents. I get SO ragey there. People are constantly sprawling out in the seats so you can't get through while letting their toddlers rifle through my bag and once I overheard a couple have a full-on "YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME" fight while I pretended to read my Kindle. I pay over $100 per month for this privilege. 

So yeah, I dress comfortably because it's a lot of sitting around. Thank you to whomever created corduroy stretchy pants. You are my hero. Also helpful: Leaving early enough that I have time to grab a dirty Dr. Pepper on my way, because coconut syrup makes it allllll better.

Hopefully you had a good weekend and may your gymnastics class be free of other parents. 

And may winter be over so I can put my kids in a less annoying sport.

8 comments:

Queen Mommy said...

Saw the new haircut. It's super cute!! I'm dying for a good cut too. Hopefully soon. It's been so cold though that I've taken to cute hats and side-ponies lately. Dirty Dr Pepper? Coconut syrup and Dr Pepper? Two of my favorite things! Where would one find this?!

Jae said...

I've found it at a restaurant, but a gas station near me just added coconut syrup to their soda fountain and it's glorious. You can also buy the syrup online and make it yourself -- I've seen it on amazon. I like it best with diet Dr. Pepper. Seriously, it's like drinking candy and happiness.

IandS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IandS said...

I think that Sonic does the dirty Dr. Pepper too...plus you don't even have to get out of the car - score!
My little boys were enrolled in gymnastics a few years ago. We were complete novices but the only gym in town was SUPER serious. By that I mean that the coaches were great and very nice but the parents were a nightmare. I used to get dirty looks all the time whilst I giggled at my boys hurling themselves at different pieces of apparatus - apparently laughing at your own kid (or anyone else's?) is NOT appropriate! Cute outfit BTW - I have to go buy that tank now - my husband and his bank balance thanks you ;)
Stacey

Jae said...

Stacey, in the store it was WAY on sale. I bought a bunch of different patterns and I really like the fit because it's a little loose!

And yeah, I'm convinced that gymnastics parents are the worst parents EVER. Way worse than soccer or dance parents. It's a serious gym and I wish we had a more laid back one nearby.

Unknown said...

The haircut is so cute!! I do the same thing, I let it grow long and then chop off 12 inches or so! And buns must have been the go-to this weekend, my hair was up all weekend!!

Brianna
keepingupwiththekeens2428.blogspot.com/

Nora Bradshaw said...

I feel sorry for the children of the gym parents. Wow.

I love your hair! Although the bun looks good, too. Kind of like a classy lady from 1967. In a good way. Boxy jacket and chunky pearls!

I think I've just ruined buns for you forever.

Jae said...

LOL it's OK Nora, I don't have enough hair for a bun now anyway!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.