What I Wore: Leather Weather

Monday, January 20, 2014

Aaaand I'm back. My kids are off school for MLK day and they're driving me nuts. I let them stay up WAY late last night in an effort to get them to sleep in this morning. Of course, they woke me up around 7, so that was an epic fail on my part. Now we're all just tired and grumpy and I may have bribed them with a trip to the Disney store if they're quiet. Excellent parenting, as always.

For now, here's an outfit post. I went on one of my classic shopping benders a week or two ago. It still wasn't as bad as the one last fall, but I accidentally bought stuff online and in person and it looked like a lot to my husband when it all arrived on the same day. Whoops. ANYWAY here's some of the stuff I bought shh don't tell.

Shirt: Calvin Klein (It's one of the "City Shirts" and it fits SO WELL. Like, I die over the fit and never want to take it off. This is a small, but they have tons on the site and the store is 30 percent off right now. Just sayin' And if you buy some we will be twins because I want more) (Here) (in solid)
Cardigan: Calvin Klein - the sleeves are suede omg (here) (similar plus size)
Pants: H&M (similar) (if you don't want to commit to all leather I totally understand)
Boots: Call it Spring Milada (here)

I feel like I'm wearing a lot of things that shouldn't be versatile, but are. Those boots go with everything and I can't stop wearing them. I love that they have a little wedge but are super comfortable -- I wore them through several hours of shopping and have no complaints. I've been wearing them with some faded black jeans and I feel like it increases my overall coolness factor like, at least 30 percent. 

And my trusty old leather pants give just enough to what would otherwise be a pretty conservative outfit. SO glad I have them, even if they're not a total must have, you know? I have to wear them when it's still cold outside because once it gets about like, 75 degrees these have to go away. 

Sweaty leather legs are not pretty.

Anyway, it's good to be back. I miss this crappy old blog. Come back on Wednesday for a beauty review post and find out why I literally have four completely full tubes of mascara on my vanity right now. 

7 comments:

Christine said...

That last line totally reminded me of when Ross wore leather pants on Friends and got too hot & sweaty to put them back on... lol. Thanks for making me smile this Monday morning!

Jae said...

Hahah I forgot about that! When I put these on it literally sounds like I'm trying to put a walrus into a wetsuit. So once they're on, they're on for good.

Jennifer Wells said...

I spent four hours today with three young children and an elderly person who has very strong (muttering) opinions on the noise level that is appropriate for said children.

All I can muster is "Those pants look great!"

And they do.

Jae said...

Oh dear. I'll take it ;)

Shari said...

I have one of those CK shirts as well. LOVE it -- just like you said!

Jae said...

Really... it's my go-to now. And it doesn't wrinkle! Love forever.

Unknown said...

Wow! I love those pants and you rock them! I never would have thought that a mom could pull off leather pants. Too cool. Hope you have a great day! :)

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.