What I Wore: In the Navy

Monday, December 17, 2012

First off, I want to say how broken my heart is for the children and teachers lost in the Sandy Hooks tragedy. I had just gotten off the computer on Friday and flicked on the TV as I got ready to go out and couldn't believe what I saw. As the mom of a six-year-old it was all I could do to not go grab my daughter and lock us all in the house together for the rest of the day. My prayers are with the families and I hope everyone hugs their kids a little closer this Christmas.

It also kicked in my indulgent reflex even more than before. Me and my husband are very casual parents. We insist on a few things, like manners and non-whininess, but we are both indulgent people, especially during the holidays. We managed to get a few hours sans kids on Saturday and we finished up shopping for the kids. When I started wrapping last night (While watching and crying over "White Christmas," natch) I only got through half. Something tells me I won't be saying "no" to my kids anytime soon.


 Tank: Aeropstale
Blazer: Bluenotes (Canada)
Belt: Downeast
Skirt: White House Black Market
Tights: Urban something or other
Boots: Frye Harness 12R
Earrings: Aldo (a gift from my little brother awww) 

This is what I wore yesterday. Sometimes I end up basing an entire outfit out of my extreme need to wear one piece of clothing... in this case it was the navy tights. I bought three pairs of patterned tights in Canada and I want to wear them all concurrently. And I'd like you to know that I started off wearing navy heels but I stepped out of the house and onto the ice-covered porch and was like yeah, this is not happening. Another reason why these boots were the best investment of my life. OK, my house was a pretty good investment too. But these BOOTS.



Today starts party week 'round my household. I started to write everything down that I need to prep for and I just got overwhelmed instead. My husband's work party is tonight, so I'm off to find some work-appropriate gifts. OK and maybe a shirt. I just really like buying shirts. I also bought a pair of leather pants when I was in Canada. What have I done? They've sat down in my laundry room since because I don't know what to do with them. I'll try out some stuff for another party tomorrow and return and report. I'm not sure if I'm cool enough to actually wear them.

Happy Monday, friends. Hope it's an indulgent one.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me (that's right, twisted my arm) buy a pair of investment boots the winter before last. They're black riding boots, and I told myself that if I had bought them ten years ago, I wouldn't be buying them today. They go with everything--long skirts, short skirts, jeans, corduroy pants, under, over--I'm in love.

I think your leather pants would probably look great with a really soft, blousy sweater.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.