Glammy Gifts on the Cheap 2012

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

 I think this is my third year doing a Glammy Gifts post and it's still one of my favorite to write up. Mostly I just love online shopping and finding a solid deal, especially for people like my readers who are probably doing the "What do you want for Christmassssssss" thing that I'm doing with my husband right now. Mostly I just write up this post and send it over to him. That's how I got my lace peep-toe pumps last year.

Anyway, I just think that after all your crazy shopping for everyone, it's OK to do a little shopping for yourself. I was out on Monday and I picked up a super-cute keyhole top for me and I didn't even feel bad. It was on sale. SO, either use these ideas for your BFF or give it to your hubs so he's not clueless when he joins the ranks of clueless husbands on Christmas Eve. Or just ooh and ahh. Whatever. I don't judge.

Snicker.

Shall we?

You guys know I can't say "no" to peacock... or scarves. So I'm extra weak around both. Me and my friends do a Favorite Things party each year and this year I brought a scarf. They're probs my favorite accessory ever because they instantly make you look like you know what you're doing. Go outside of your box and grab a patterned one if you're still rocking a solid.

(ModCloth - $16.99)


 Hello, sequins. PS. If you type "sequins" into the search bar on the F21 website, you might have a small heart attack. There is a lot of bad, shiny stuff mixed in with the good. Still, I love this shirt because it's one piece and would be super easy and chic to wear. Pair it with dark skinnies, knee-high riding boots and some statement earrings and you'd be done. The abstract nature of the pattern is also perfect for hiding food bellies at Christmas dinner, FYI.

(F21 - $24.80)

 Speaking of statement earrings, how cute and ladylike are these babies? One of my friends brought F21 earrings to the party last night because she loves "Cheap, sparkly earrings." I can dig that. These would be so fun to gift to your mama.

(F21 - $6.80)


OK, so you should know that I'm a hardcore mitten-wearer. People who see me driving around my tiny town will notice that I'm always wearing my bright red Canada mittens all winter long. I just love the cuteness factor. And I LOVE these fur mittens. These might inspire me to give up my Olympic ones. I am just thinking about these with like, a maroon leather jacket with a scarf looking cozy and adorable. Yes, I overthink outfit scenarios way too much.

(Target - $14.99)

 Still, if you're not a mitten lover like me and you actually enjoy having access to your fingers in the cold, I love these sparkly gloves too. You'll be the best dressed mom in the carpool lane. Or, gift 'em to your sister. I don't have a sister, so I can only assume that sisters would enjoy gloves.

(Target - $16.99)
 Rings are always good for the soul at Christmas. And, since I'm a bang for your buck kinda gal (my husband always says that I'd rather have 20 $1 items than 1 $20 items) I love these stackable rings that you can wear together or alone. SO pretty.

(F21 - $6.80)
 Do you have a pretty clutch yet? Well you should. You might think you don't need one, until you get one and use it constantly and then are like "Thank you Jae!" See? I overthink these scenarios all day. This one is the perfect shape du jour and I love me some gold sequins AND chevron. Just TOO perfect. Give one to your BFF and get credit for spending WAY more than you did.

(White House Black Market - $24)


I have a spendy watch that I love, but recently my husband bought me a really awesome T-shirt and jeans watch too after I complained about wearing my flashy watch during the day-to-day. I love the idea of something this sparkly for an everyday watch... the magpie in me can't resist.

(JCPenney - $15

If you want to get in on the mid-calf boot trend but are nervous about it, a slouchy boot is a good place to start. I love the two-tone on these because they'd match just about anything and be fun to wear when hitting sales after Christmas. I mean, if you do that kind of thing.

*cough*

(Urbanog - $28.20)

 Last but not least, nab yourself - or someone else, whatever - a pretty gold necklace. I love the length on this one and want to wear it with my navy blazer immediately. Shiiiiiinnnyyyy. It's a superfast way to make an outfit look planned.

(Express - $26.90)

OK, now I want to chat. Are you guys done shopping? What are you asking for this year? I need ideas... my poor husband has been asking me nonstop and I'm not sure I have one thing in my head for what I want! Well, other than this ring, of course. Jean Schlumberger, be still my heart. Buuuut something tells me I'm not going to get it.


4 comments:

Lauren said...

One of the best gifts I ever gave was a box of Crappy Day presents. I picked out 8 little fun things and wrapped them individually and gave them to my sister-in-law. Then, for as long as they lasted, whenever she had a really crappy day, she could go open one little package and find something to make her smile. I can't remember where I saw the idea but I'm sure it was a blog.

Probably not something your hubby would want to give you but it was such a fun gift!

Jae said...

Um, I am actually in LOVE with that idea. It's brilliant!

Jennifer Wells said...

I think we're going to only have stocking stuffers for each other (my husband and I) and spend what we would normally spend on furniture.

When did I become a grown up?

Jae said...

Being a grownup suuuucks. We did a furniture Christmas a couple years back. Plus side -- the furniture went in my office. Hello, tax deduction. Arg, that makes me sound even MORE like an adult, huh?

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.