What I Wore: Rainy Day

Monday, March 19, 2012

SO remember how I was wearing shorts last week? I had planned to wear an adorable spring outfit COMPLETE WITH ORANGE when I woke up to gray, drizzly snow on Sunday morning. I decided the orange would have to wait and I pulled out my trusty yellow trench. I've had this jacket forever but I only ever wear it a couple of times per year. I always forget it's just hanging out in the mudroom, waiting for it's time to shine. You shall not wait any longer, yellow trench coat.

Photobucket
If I look tired, it's because I spent Saturday doing spring cleaning. It was awful, but now my house is junk-free and smells like bleach. Love!
Sweater: I can't remember. Story of my life.
Skirt: F21
Belt: Stolen from a skirt I bought at Urban Trend
Bracelet: Inspired Silver. Even though it's gold.
Ring and earrings: F21
Trench: I bought it online but the tag just says "twentyone" but I don't think like, F21 so I really have no clue. Thanks, online shopping. Regardless, I love yellow with leopard. Happy times!
Shoes: Qupid

Photobucket
Shoe shot time! I wanted these for like, a month before I bucked up and bought them. My husband thinks they're ridiculous but he generally thinks all of my shoes are ridiculous. He has like, three pairs. It's embarrassing.

Anyway, you may have noticed that Freaky Friday was missing last week. My computer had a seizure on Friday and I called it good and went out to play with friends instead. The level of commitment I have to this blog is astounding.

Since it's Monday, I'm trying to get off of my weekend hangover by thinking up some of the good things that have happened today. Here are a few:
-I went to lend my copy of The Hunger Games to my sister-in-law and found $10 stashed inside. I'm pretty sure it's my brother's. I'm going to spend it anyway.
-I went to Pilates class and had my butt handed to me, but now I feel so strong I could tear the head off of a billy goat. Don't mess with me today.
-Kid's Netflix. Need I say more?
-I have to go grocery shopping today, which is lame, but I love the day after you grocery shop and there's SO MUCH FOOD. Especially since I've been living on Reese's Eggs for the past weekend. My Mini Eggs were all gone.
-My house is already clean, so when my kids take a nap I won't feel guilty for reading a book and watching Real Housewives of Orange County. Winning!

Anybody else have any Monday goodness to share?

8 comments:

http://notimeforstyle.blogspot.com said...

Great blog, I love it and I added it to my favourites list on my blog! I'm a mom too and I love fashion!

Beth said...

If I had a yellow trench I would pretty much wear it every day.

Jennifer Wells said...

I used to hate yellow, now I love it. I see it as less Easter egg and more as a bright-earthy color.

Your trench is glorious!

Jae said...

Thanks ladyfriends!!

jen bryner said...

sadly...i cannot wear yellow. i tried to ask my husband the other day what he thought of a shirt i was holding up to myself at the store and he made a face and said it was the same color as my skin :( apparently one of the only bright/light colors i CAN wear is pink. ok, maybe blue. i'm not even sure i can pull off the orange!! let's see...monday goodness...oh!! i made an extra $50 cleaning so i'm THAT much closer to beginning my new wardrobe inspired by your blog! woohoo! :)

Emily said...

Amazing, especially the heels!

creamyclothes.blogspot.com

kaceyjewel said...

I used to hate yellow, now I love it. I see it as less Easter egg and more as a bright-earthy color.
get champion apparel in bulk

Unknown said...

I think you look really cute but you definitely dress like a mom. I'm sorry I don't mean that in an offensive way, it's actually a compliment. I live in So Cal & some of the moms here look absolutely ridiculous as they squeeze into their daughter's clothing. It's not that they don't have great figures because they do but they still look really silly dressed much younger than their years. So keep dressing like a cute preppy mom, your kids will thank you.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.