Freaky Friday

Friday, March 23, 2012

Hey Friends!

I'd be totally lying if I said my entire day isn't revolving around The Hunger Games... my tickets are for 6pm, who else is going? Sorry, I can't do the whole midnight showing thing. I'm too old and I watched a thing on the news last night about people who dressed up for the movie. I wondered HOW on earth you could dress up for it, then I saw I couple. She was wearing fruit around her neck and he was wearing a game of Sorry around his neck. Together they were hunger....games.

I kind of hope they're celibate.

Anyway, did everyone see my yellow jeans yesterday? I'm kind of in love. Especially because if you're a long-time reader, you'll know that this was not my first pair of yellow pants. I had a vinyl pair back when I was 16 and was the complete height of fashion (kill me). I think my jeans are slightly better, but you can be the judge.

But, onward and upward. Let's finish FF so I can go play in my closet and obsess over what to wear tonight.



I definitely won't wear these shoes, since I'm not going to Target beforehand. Also, I feel like if you actually wore these in a Target, the universe would explode. (Thanks Bethany!)


Janelle was shopping last week and snapped this shot of a blazer made completely of human skin. It would be more realistic if it had hair.

OMG, have any of you seen the movie "Ravenous?" When I was younger I used to hang out with these guy friends who loved it and they made me watch it and I've never been more sick in my life. Seriously. It's about CANNIBALS.

I also now own it. I kind of want to wear this blazer and watch it. While eating KFC.


Stephanie sent me these shoes, which automatically made me think of how painful it would be if you kicked some guy in the crotch while wearing them. Weird, right? It's all those self defense classes they made us take in high school. Seriously. These are the new form of pepper spray.


Ami sent these along with the comment that it kind of look like crabs were crawling upward to the crotch area. What is the deal with uterus shapes on the pelvis, people. As long as you took 7th grade health class, you KNOW it's there. You also know that page 17 in the textbook has boobs.


Sara sent me these cat shoes because she knows I *love* when people wear animals on their feet. Other things I *love* sarcastically?
-Slow people in the mall.
-Lady Gaga
-Eating healthy food on the weekend.
-Dubstep
-Waking up because my son has tried to get to the potty in the night, but started peeing in front of the toilet before his pants were down. LOVE IT.
-When the Utah Jazz play back to back games and I have to sit through six hours of basketball.
-Jumpsuits.


You've heard of the maxi dress right? What about the maxi sweater? All I can picture is the smell of patchouli and a lot of waddling.


Speaking of JUMPSUITS! How about a droopy one that looks like it was knitted in your grandma's nursing home?

Also, what are these models doing to their ankles!? Is it weird I always notice that?


Hey, if you don't want to wear pants, that's totally fine. It's a free country. Just don't wear something labeled as "shorts" like they're legit. Hint: if you need to wax before you put them on, they're too short.


Oh, I have such a pure and abiding hatred for anything asymmetrical. Especially when it makes you have a fifth mystery limb.


OK, I know some of you had trouble getting on board with the bacon bra.... but how about a bacon scarf? I would leave it next to the griddle while making bacon so that I could carry around the scent of bacon wherever I went. Then people on the street would wanna smell my scarf too and it would be totally normal.

Plus I love the girl's expression in this pic. Like "Yep. It's a bacon scarf."

Alright, I'm off and running. I'm thinking red skinnies for the movie?

8 comments:

Brittney said...

I was eating tuna salad while reading your blog, and when I came to the human skin blazer and the cannibal movie, I felt sick. I actually had to finish eating before continuing, just in case... lol I'll never eat while reading freaky friday again!

jen bryner said...

i agree brittney!! ick about the whole human skin blazer thing. HUNGER GAMES WAS SO GOOD!!! i'm rethinking the midnight movies from now on...i'm too old (33). there were people dressed up, of course. mostly they just dressed up as citizens of "the capitol", versus dressing up as literal hunger and games. yeesh. i wish i had taken a picture of the one guy who had a full suit of red and yellow fringe...things...i can't even explain it well! and his skin was painted red. if i find one i'll post it to facebook. the extent of my "dressing up", was the katniss braid that she wears for most of the movie. anyway, enjoy! let us know how you like it!!

Jae said...

Jen! I love the idea of the braid... totally doing that. Also, a man in fringe is almost as disgusting as a human skin blazer.

Sorry about your tuna. LOL!

Brittney said...

Baha it's okay, my ruined tuna was worth it! How about gross fashion for next week's freaky friday? Just put a friendly "you shouldn't eat while reading this post" warning at the top. LOL

Unknown said...

Thanks for being a cool dressing Mom.

bequi said...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/64871792/bacon-and-egg-scarf-made-to-order

This bacon scarf is WAY better. I'm not kidding that I would totally wear it.

soosmeyn said...

newsvisit this web-site a fantastic readRead Full Article this websitehis explanation

naynis said...

look at more info bags replica gucci site web high quality designer replica check my site replica bags online

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.