Birthday Love!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm actually not one of those people who is all "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY BOW DOWN." In fact, my husband and I were married on my birthday, so it's also my anniversary. And everyone thought I was crazy but it doesn't bother me much. Plus I got to have birthday cake at my wedding. It was awesome. But, since it WAS my birthday yesterday, I shall report and show you what I got. Because I like doing that.

Since it was my birthday slash anniversary, my hubs planned to take a half day off, so we hauled the kids to Tucanos to eat ourselves into oblivion. You must know that on my top 10 list of things I hate the most in the entire universe is having Happy Birthday sung to me. I feel SO awkward and I never know what to do with my hands and I just hate it. So when the Tucanos people came out banging the drum and shaking the tambourine, I was happy to know that no one knew it was my birthday. UNTIL one of the waitresses walked over and asked if anyone was celebrating a birthday. I must have answered too quickly with "No," because she then asked, "Are you lying?" to which I replied "Yes." KILL ME. So they handed over a tambourine and I was supposed to play along. Instead I just looked around awkwardly and handed the instrument to my son who was infinitely more entertaining and less self conscious.

After that, I took my daughter along to get a pedicure, which I needed in the worst way. Note to all of the ladies, NEVER allow your husband to be nearby during the payment portion of the pedicure. Mine had taken our son to wander around while we had our nails done and came back to pay. He then had a heart attack and had to be rushed to the hospital. No, not really. But almost. He also loved the fact that it took me approximately 30 seconds after leaving the nail salon. Classic Jae.

We headed home, where my hubster handed over the goods!



Check out my new white gold diamond key pendant, y'all! I'm so happy with it. My husband ALWAYS expresses concern over the fact that he usually gives me jewelry for most special occasions, like I'm not going to like it or something? Yeah, diamond-encrusted necklaces are THE WORST. Ugh, I just hate pretty things.

Seriously.

So after assuring him I liked it and taking pictures of it so you could see (hello, boobs!) I also got an anniversary (or was it a birthday?) gift, which was a pound of this stuff. Clearly he has no idea how little will power I have and how fast I will eat it ALL. It's my favorite treat in the world. I also got a couple shirts and a new book. Another perk of having your anniversary and birthday on the same day? "Sorry we had to combine them" presents. You know what I gave him? A new pillow. I wish I could say it was for friskiness, but it was really just that his old pillow made his neck hurt. We've been married for eight years and are getting old and frail.

Then, SOMEHOW I convinced him to take me to see Monte Carlo that night. Can I point out he was the only male in the entire theater? And that we knew someone there? Embarrassing! But I cannot abstain from my 16 year old girl romcoms! I just love them too much. BTW, Monte Carlo was AWESOME... for high school sophomores.

So, I'm another year older, which is OK because I never remember my age anyway. I don't understand the concept of lying about your age. Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm like, 70, but I hope I'm one of those spry, feisty 70 year olds who like, swim a mile a day and carry their own groceries and catcall at 60 year old men.

Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease!

Also, I'm happy to announce that I reaped enough in awesome birthday money to purchase my beloved glitter TOMS! My husband refused to buy them for me yesterday because he thinks they aren't sensible. Yeah, because my entire shoe collection is soooo sensible.

Men.

7 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Jae darling, when we are 70, I think we ought to cat call together. Happy Birthaversary.

Beth said...

How can you not love shiny things on your birthday? Glad it was a good one!

Jenna said...

Omigosh I LOVE that pendant!

Jae said...

Oh morgs, let's! We would be awesome old ladies together!

Ashley said...

I heart your blog so much, I get so much inspiration from you so you deserve an awesome birthday!

On the other hand I hate TOMS! I can't believe anyone would pay 85 for those hideous thngs! Lol

Could you maybe do a post of fall must haves so I can be on the hunt? I wouldn't know how to dress myself after 2 babies without you!

Jae said...

Lol I will agree that toms are 100% an acquired taste! You either love em or hate em! And I'll for sure be posting fall stuff in the next month or two.

kimmie said...

Happy birthday!! and happy anniversary to you!

I'm absolutely in LOVE with your blog, Jae. You are hilarious.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.