Summer Maternity Awesomeness

Wednesday, July 6, 2011



Fun fact time! I'm always pregnant at the same time as Britney Spears. How weird is that? I remember PRAYING during my first pregnancy that Britney Spears would have a boy because she said in an interview that if she had a girl, she'd name her Addison. I refused to have a daughter with the same name as Britney Spears' kid. Luckily, a boy was born and my child's name was saved. Is that vain?

Anyway, it was so fun to watch to see what koo koo kachoo outfits she would come up with. She is a crazy dresser y'all! I want you to look at the two pictures above. Think: would I rather spend my pregnancy looking like uber-adorable and happy Selma Blair, or wedgie-picking, cigarette smoking Britney Spears?

THINK HARD.

I know it's the summer and you're hot and super uncomfortable and basically just want to lay around in your undies all day, but eventually, you're going to have to leave the house in all your preggo glory. Luckily, I can help you with that, despite it having been two years since my last (LAST) pregnancy. You'll note that all of the outfits pictures are dresses or skirts. They are SO much cooler in the summer when you're a bajillion degrees. Shorts and pants are fine, but I know when I got to the end I was like NOTHING CAN TOUCH ME EVER and I eschewed anything with more fabric than absolutely necessary.

mat1

Mama licious maternity, £21
Old Navy denim maternity, $33
Wet Seal flip flop shoes, $7.99
Peace bag, $23
TopShop beading earrings, $20



When choosing shirts, look for ones that don't require layering. Besides the fact it'll just make you hotter, there's too much adjusting needed when you move around. Looser, lighter fabrics are king and super flattering because they don't give you sausage arms. Down with sausage arms! And flip flops are your friends when you're retaining fluid. Now, you'll notice that these are decidedly NOT capris. That's because a skirt will be cooler and not showcase pregnancy cankles. Lovely!

mat3

Short sleeve cardigan, $7.99
Maternity, £25
Forever21 flat thong sandals, $19
Ruffle bag, $15
Amrita Singh metal bracelet, $40
Belle Noel by Kim Kardashian hoop earrings, $49


Maxi dresses own my heart for pregnancy. They are mucho adorable and so easy because it's one piece. I know you can handle one piece. They are practically pajamas. Go ahead, have a nap in one. It's great. If you're self conscious about pregnancy arms, totally wear a drapey sweater if you can handle it in the heat. I also noticed that when I was preggo I liked to keep my chest bare and wear earrings and bracelets instead. That may be because I had awesome pregnancy boobs and wanted everyone to see, but it also had something to do with the fact that necklaces made me sweaty.

mat2

Isabella oliver maternity, $81
ALDO t strap sandals, $45
Dorothy Perkins clutch bag, £10
Pearl jewelry, $11
Calla freshwater pearl jewelry, $25


No matter what, some jerk friend always wants to get married right when I'm massively pregnant. Like, hello, gestating a fetus here... can we wait? Just kidding, I didn't expect people to plan around my gargantuan-ness, but it was always hard to find something cute for a formal occasion. For dressing up, I like an outfit that shows the belly, otherwise I think people must just think I'm fat. This dress is so cute. If you can handle heels, by all means, but this would be just as cute with ballet flats. Note that the heels are substantial.. don't teeter around on stilettos when massively pregnant, please. It's disconcerting. Dress up, eat the food and waddle out the door before your ankles swell.

Does that give you hope for the last few months of summer pregnancy? Definitely hang out in your undies as much as you want... but put something cute on before you leave the house lest you startle the neighbors!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Those outfits are so cute it almost makes me want to have another one just to look cute! (Allllmost.) :) And holy EEEEEEEEW to Brittney! REALLY!?!

Jenna said...

Ah, the maxi dress. Pregnant lady's saving grace. Maybe I'll have another summer baby JUST so I can rock the maxi.

Then again, maybe not. Two words: sweaty crotch. That I can do without.

Jae said...

I swear maternity clothes get exponentially cuter the longer I'm not pregnant. It is not fair.

Ahh the sweaty crotch... memories.

yanmaneee said...

jordan 12
michael kors outlet online
yeezy shoes
nmd
cheap jordans
curry 6 shoes
hermes belt
fila shoes
nike air max
chrome hearts outlet

theshee said...

replica ysl bags r83 m5z71r1r06 high replica bags q54 h3j26q8i38 replica gucci handbags q95 t7y80h6s86

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.