Help Jae Decide!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Every January/February, I start to get restless and want to do something drastic with my appearance. The year before last I cut off about eight inches of hair and hated it, so I don't want to do anything THAT drastic. I settled on some new hair color. Problem is, I can't decide which way to go. Will you lovelies help me figure it out?

Here are some pics to help you decide. It should be known that I've been dyeing my hair since I was 14 and I know one day it will fall out and I'll go bald. I'm just banking on some amazing advances made in the world of wigs when I'm old. I'm OK with that.


Photobucket

This was me last year, with the blondest hair I've ever had. I don't mind going lighter, it's just that I'm SO PALE. My mom is a redhead and I was blessed with the fair skin and blue eyes without the hair color. I've considered an ashy blonde but I'm scared, guys!! And I haaaaaate brassiness. I abhor brass in any form. Unless they're buttons on a cute jacket. That's fine. Not on my head.

Photobucket

This is in 08 (I think!?) when I was really red. I love having red hair because it suits my skin color really well and makes my eye color pretty intense. I hate when it goes orangey. Orange hair is never OK. But I was a definite fan of this look.

Photobucket

Geez, could my head be anymore heart-shaped? Anyway, this is the most recent hair color. My natural color from when I was like, a baby is ash brown. I was trying to get back to that color without being too mousey. I really liked it for when we did family photos because it looked polished and crisp. But now I'm afraid I'm veering into mousey again.

Also, I look quite mischievous in that photo.



My hair was almost black during my second pregnancy. I thought it was a little too dark for how pale I am but I enjoyed not worrying about my roots when I was in the hospital for six weeks. I proooobably don't want to go here again. When I first did it, I panicked and made my little brother buy me the Color Oops stuff to remove some of the darkness.

Things to consider:
I am the whitest white person ever known to man. I wear the lightest shade makeup in every brand.
My hair is uncontrollably thick. I had a ton sliced out during my last haircut, but the funny thing about hair is that it grows.
I will never go drastically red because I already look just like my mom. We don't need to be twins.

See? She's adorable... but I get enough "You look JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER"s without having the same hair.
(She's going to be like what the eff Jae, why did you post a picture of me. Then she'll get mad because I said eff. CHILL OUT MOM.)

So what is the consensus? If I don't get an answer soon I swear I'll end up chopping my hair off and hating life. I am quite enjoying my lovely long locks right now. Don't make me do it. I need a trim anyway, but I am the kind of person who will decide five minutes before my hair appointment that I want like, a mohawk or something.


Poll: What Do Ye Say?





Results:




I totally accept an "other." Leave your thoughts in the comment. Although I dyed my hair so dark it was almost black once and it was bad news bears.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jae, My vote is for Red. You look gorgeous in the "red shot"- all of them actually, but the red colour is the "most gorgeous" ;-) Very Mary-Jane/Kirsten Dunst (Spiderman)...who incidently, who do look a lot like. All the best with your decision :-)

Jae said...

I get the Kirsten Dunst thing all the time! And Claire Danes, weirdly enough.
I'm partial to the red myself...

Shop Girl* said...

Sometimes I am convinced that we are the same person.

I'm seriously going through this SAME dilemma. Only, I know I want to go red.... I'm just afraid to do it. It's the only colour I've never, ever done, but everyone in my family is a redhead so I think I can make it work.

But the hubs loves loves loves my natural colour. Seriously. Tells me all the time. Am I the worst wife for wanting to change it?? hahaha

Jae said...

LOL My husband is the EXACT same way. He prefers me with the plain ashy hair and I'm like booo I need something fun!

Adrean said...

OOhh I like the red or dark brown with red highlights! Your posts are hilarious, and I can totally relate as a stay at home mom to two boys under 3... it is challenging to look cute and be comfortable while cleaning up spit up and cheese ground into the carpet. Question for you? What are your favorite places to shop? Feel too old when I walk into forever 21, too young when I go into ann taylor... I'm going to be 34 this month, and wondering if I should start shoppipng at Chadwicks? hahaha. JK! One more thing, going on a ski trip to vail soon- what should I pack??? help. Your new best fan,
Adrean :)

Carly said...

Red all the way, except I think you should go for a red with a purplish hue. Does that make sense? haha.

You are so hot no matter what! Sexy thang!

Renee said...

Red fades too fast---what about a chocolate brown?

Natalie said...

That second picture is GORGEOUS! I'm totally with the red-head voters! I can't wait to see what you decide! This is intense!

Charity said...

I love the red and dark brown! Tey both look great. The black brown even from a distance looks harsh, and your blonde girl is not blonde!!! Darker colours make light skin look healthy (I wish someone had told me that BEFORE). p.s You will look GREAT no matter what!

Morgan Hagey said...

Jae, I'm sorry but RED! I know you don't want to look like yermama, but heck, she lives in freaking Canadia. Red it is!

Michele said...

Red or Brown (your current picture). Both are lovely on you!

BiMily said...

I am a wee bit late, but I recently decided to put my hair back to may natural boring brown, but my stylist put some toner in it and warmed it up so much that it is a beautiful deep reddish brown in the light. Some call it a "cherry coke' look. I think htat owuld be lovely with your skin tone.

Debbi said...

hahaha. I can SO see your mother getting all upset over the Eff part! Sadly, a lot of the time, that's why *I* don't put it on my blog often either. (not your mom, mine, but seriously, you know my mom and yours are a little too alike sometimes! ;) )

I just redid my hair about a month ago too. I was the light red, and am now auburn. Dark for the winter. But, since you are already dark, go back to the red. In the spring/summer, when you inevitably have to a) fix roots, and b) get unbored of your hair again, you can go blonder with streaks and see how you like that.

either way, you know I think you're awesome blonde to black, ANDDDd it's only hair, right?!

Erin Gentile said...

So I'm making my way through EVERY SINGLE POST on here. You're the coolest girl I know, well, read. I live in Italy and have not made a single good girl friend in two years. I'm told I'm "abrasive". Pffft. So in lieu of actual friends, I come here and read your blog. Is that the lamest thing ever? Not reading your blog, of course, but that it's my best friend. Jeez. Anyway, I'm learning A LOT. I have a daughter who just turned two and I'm only now starting to feel like a woman again and not a servant to a bottle wielding slave driver in a diaper. She's a tyrant. Your writing is fantastic. So funny. You're a very very talented woman and so dedicated. I started a blog and it was going pretty well for a while but I found it hard to keep up. Ok so this is long winded, eh? Thanks for you blog.

Erin Gentile said...

oh yeah, red. I know this was months ago but I thought I'd still share.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.