Freaky Friday: Shoes

Friday, February 18, 2011

So I actually keep a file on my computer so save ugly things in. Then, when I have a file full I can do a Freaky Friday. I sit around and worry over my computer crashing and then having to take it into the Geek Squad or something and them being like "Um, what the heck is all of this stuff?" Luckily my brother in law (Hi Shane!) is my resident computer-fixer and he knows my love for ugly fashion. I am saved.




K, so one question. Where does your toe go? Because if you have to jam that golf ball in between your toes it will not be cute. Plus these weirdo hybrid boot sandals ALWAYS remind me of a llama.


See? The tail and everything, right?



I get the whole barefoot running movement thing, but these are an abomination any way you slice it.

Speaking of running abominations, TONING SHOES. Once, I was in high school and I bought these Converse clog-type thingies and wore them to school thinking I was the coolest person to ever walk the earth. One of my friends watched me walk into Ancient History class and then yelled, "Get a load of those clodhoppers!" I was crushed. They looked like this shoe. Also, google American Council on Exercise and toning shoes and see what you find concerning their effectiveness. Your feet are suffering in Frankenstein shoes for nothing.


I hope everyone had a really good Valentine's day. Also, I hope that if you tried to be sexy and wear shoes like this to bed, that you tripped and knocked over a candle and burned your house down. That's how much I hate these. K, fine. Not burned your house down... that's mean. Kicked your husband in the face? We have a winner!



These are actually the newest shoe from Adidas. I can't wait to wear them, play jump rope, trade stickers and play Pogs with my friends while wearing them.

That's funny, I wasn't aware my five year old daughter was designing shoes. Way to go, Addie.


OMGOMGOMG. Has anyone seen this infomercial? It makes me want to vomit every time it's on. Something about the bristles going in between the girl's feet makes me ill. Like... it's a foot fetishist's dream. Also, in one part of the commercial this thing is stuck to the shower wall. Who is that acrobatic? WHO!?

Alright, I'm signing off for another week. I will tell you that my hubs got me an iPhone for V-day and I expect to put it to good use snapping pics of stuff I see when I'm out and about. The other day I saw a woman wearing baggy knee shorts and knee high boots. It was awful. I wish you all could have seen.

11 comments:

Debbi said...

Sadly, I own a pair of the toners. MORE sadly, they are soooo comfy. But they don't tone anything that's true... And I agree they're hideous. Good thing they're used for nursing and NOT as a fashion statement.

Emily said...

Hehehe....you said Pogs.

bequi said...

I was hanging out with some teenage girls the other day and I mentioned pogs and they were all like, "What are those?" And then I felt SO OLD.

Kate said...

i love so many things about this post! POGS! oh what a blast from the past. and i equally hate that foot scrubber infomercial. i was home sick for two days this week, and i could not escape it on daytime tv. awful.

Jae said...

Kate, I was up late the other night not sleeping like I should and saw it like 90 times. And every time I had to close my eyes. It's weirdly sexual and it makes me feel dirty.

Also... pogs are awesome. I wish I had some now.

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! I saw a mom wearing those barefoot shoe things to pick up her kid from preschool! I couldn't stop staring at her feet!

Jae said...

Eww!~ They totally look like little troll shoes.

jacblanch said...

Wow! Those ladybug boots look like Marry Poppins had a love child with a ladybug! Eeew! Also, My hubs has a pair of Vibram FiveFinger's. He loves them. But he's a runner. He wears them for their intended use. ;)

Misty said...

I'm not stoked about the iPhone. That just means that soon you'll have an anonymous picture of me in some hideous outfit posted on your blog. It's okay. I've seen how I dress... I'm sure I'll deserve it.

Jae said...

Ohhhhh Misty you make me laugh. You're safe as long as you don't wear denim shorts and boots. And I feel like you won't, so we're good.

Unknown said...

heavens i have a friend (or 2) that owns those toe-shoes. freaky.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.