Freaky Friday: Father's Day

Friday, June 18, 2010

Since Father's Day is *just* around the corner (That's a reminder to all you stragglers to get out and buy a present) I thought I'd do a little something for my four male readers this morning. I think guys, in general, have it pretty rough when it comes to clothes. There aren't a lot of "trends" when it comes to guys. Jeans and polos have pretty much been it since the 70's. But that doesn't mean you can't find fantastic little gems to make you look EVEN MORE masculine, if that's even possible.


So, Matt over at Tiepedia alerted me to some seriously geeky ties. He posted a bunch on his website, which are hilarious, and then I found this pixel one. FOR SERIOUS GEEKS ONLY. Go buy your husband one so you can give it to him and make sure he never wears it.


Denim is masculine, right? This guy looks like an old timey sailor... if they were all gay. Dogpile in the bunks tonight, sailors!


What is this, the Phantom of the Opera? Best for dads who have a flair for the dramatic. And maybe an alter ego too.


This man's chest and bicep were doing something naughty so they had to be censored. I wish that it was the only thing wrong with this outfit.


Mesh!?!?! Really? What's the point? Just go naked for the love of all that is holy. PS: What's with the POSE.


For the pimp daddy who has everything on Father's Day. Pimp daddies are fathers, right?


Hahaha. I love the model's face in this picture. "Really? A ruffled shirt? I thought we went over this in Seinfeld. Whatever, it's work." PS Model, nice dye job.


Why is this man clearly wearing a woman's tankini? Note to all men, everywhere. HALTER TOPS ARE NOT FOR YOU.


Oh, yeah, let's definitely bust out the tie dye striped VEST and then leave it unbuttoned. At some point, doesn't the shirt stop mattering? Unless his nipples are super susceptbile to sun damage, this shirt does nothing.

So why don't we all give our husbands/significant others a big fat kiss for father's day for not dressing like a douchebag, shall we? I know I'm grateful that my husband has less sculpted eyebrows than me.

11 comments:

Arienette said...

My husband is getting a playstation game and a reminder that some men have it much, much worse.

Although, actually, I'm a big dork and genuinely laughed at some of those ties. Like the twitter one and the nice < body > one. Love it.

Beth said...

Ha! Those are too funny.

(PS I think that first model is Kevin Sorbo, you know Hercules)

Jae said...

Beth! I think you're right! There were a bunch of pictures of him and I was trying to figure out how I knew him!

Arienette - There were some ties that I laughed out and then shamed myself for laughing at.

Astrid said...

I thought that looked like Hercules!

And the guy in the overly dramatic coat looks like Obama a little...

Lavender said...

You'd see several of those items at cos-play stores or comic conventions...especially the coats!

VerĂ³nica Ruscio said...

"This man's chest and bicep were doing something naughty so they had to be censored"

LOL! You are great! I love your writing style, as well as your fashion style!

bequi said...

I liked the dog pile comment.
KEVIN SORBO! OMG!
And that tank top... I thought it was a girl because the print makes his pecks look like boobs and I thought, "Why is she posting a girl on Men's Day?" I think the photo shopped his waist to skinny.

Oh, and my husband would wear the CRAP out of those ties, and I'd love it. ;)

Jenna said...

Jae, did you just Google "bad gay fashion" or what? Seriously! Haha.

That coat reminds me of The Matrix.

McMel said...

gah, now i've got to return all of my husband's father's day gifts

Anonymous said...

Speaking of sculpted eyebrows, that's what I need a "skillz" post on. Even If you get them professionally waxed or plucked, how to you maintain and make them up?

Lindsay said...

Okay! love your blog so fun!!!!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.