Mama Fit Monday: The 20 Minute Fat Blasting Workout!

Monday, June 7, 2010

Everyone is busy these days. But no one is busier than a mom.
Trust me, I know. Running a business, getting three kids to the bus on time,
cleaning up after the morning rush, for that matter cleaning up after the last night
rush, getting to work, helping with papers after school, throwing on a load of laundry,
getting three kids to three different
fields for soccer, showers, snacks, reading, bed. Opps I forgot to feed the cat!

As a mom, I know you are busy, and because of what we do, I know you are the
last person you think about. I know your children will have the latest, cutest shoes.
Their hair will always been done, (unless your daughter is like mine and refuses
to let me touch it), they are signed up for swimming, soccer, gymnastics or hockey, put
simply, they're taken care of.

What about you?

If you are like most moms, you will maybe get a hair cut once a year, and buy a pair of jeans
at the same time. You won't get new shoes (unless you are Jae) cuz your old ones will do just fine.
The point I'm trying to make ladies, is that we just don't take time to care for us.

Trust me, when I learned I needed "me" time, I was so much happier. And isn't it true that when
"mom" is happy the whole family is happy??

There are tons of ways to get in some special "me" time, but since I change people lives through
health and fitness I'm going to share with you a ton of ways you can look and feel better through
taking some important time for you.

The biggest reason I hear from people why they don't exercise is: I Don't Have Time!!!

While I understand, I really do. I also know, that you will never have time. Something will always be there.
You Must MAKE the time if you are going to feel better, look better and have more energy.

This is my favourite cardio workout ever!! I have to admit I didn't come up with this one on my own, but
I have been doing it for years, and it's the best fat burner ever(with the exception of using weights) that I know. The best part is
it takes only 20 min. from start to finish and you can do it anywhere, on anything.

I have even done this running in place when I absolutely couldn't get out of the house.

Here it is: The 20 Minute Fat B lasting Workout!

Minute --- Intensity
1 ---------- 5-warmup
2 ---------- 5
3 ---------- 6
4----------- 7
5----------- 8
6----------- 9
7 -----------6
8 -----------7
9----------- 8
10---------- 9
11---------- 6
12 --------- 7
13 --------- 8
14---------- 9
15 ----------6
16 ----------7
17---------- 8
18 --------- 9
19 --------- 10- maximum
20--------- 5-cooldown

There it is. Now this may take a few tries before you feel like you really got it. If you are doing this on equipment do not increase your incline. For every minute, you will increase your speed just a bit. The same goes for when you are outside walking or running. Increase your speed every minute just a bit. Sometimes it's easier to work backwards. At minute 19 you are going at your max. So therefore you know that a 9 intensity is still pretty quick and 8 and so on.

Give a try a few times and you will get to know your intensities and if you need to push yourself harder next time. Try this workout 2 times a week and you will start to see your body make some big changes. Good luck with it and let me know how it goes.

2 comments:

The cool family! said...

This is the Body For Life one. I love it too! I did it a few years ago and it was fabulous!

Arienette said...

I consider my daily workout to be the act of lifting my cup of tea from the arm of the chair to my mouth. Ooooh, feel the burrrn.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.