PSW: Freaky Friday

Friday, May 7, 2010

So, PSW was a lot of fun, right? We'll have to do one again in the future. It was very eye-opening for me. Finding plus size clothes and stores for posts was a pain, so I kind of get why PS girls can get so frustrated. But luckily, more and more retailers are seeing the market for it and it's getting better every day.

But that doesn't mean there aren't still hideous things laying around. And boy, did I find 'em!



Okay so these aren't plus size as much as they are AWFUL, but they are officially the worst gladiator shoes I have ever seen, bar none. Achilles? Is that you? (Achilles, wasn't a gladiator, was he? I'M NOT A HISTORIAN, OKAY?)


Hey, PS girls. Jumpsuits aren't for you. Come to think about it, jumpsuits are for NO ONE. We remember the maxi pantsuit incident, yes?


Frills plus buttons plus leopard? Can we say less is more? This shirt is SO BAD. I frill that high will probably make you look like a lion. That conflicts me, what with the leopard print and all...


Here we have examples of different lengths of shorts/capris gone wrong. Sweet mother, would it have killed her to go up a size. This makes me hold my breath.


And this makes me barf! Remember the kiss-of-death capris I was talking about? Here she is in full force. Look at that awesome long zipper. Does it take her like 45 mins just to get ti to the top? "Hang on honey, I'm just zipping up my nine inch rise and I'll be right out!"



Oh honey no.

This shirt was listed as a "conversation starter". Yes, if the conversation goes something like this.
Me: Wow. That's a stupid shirt.
END SCENE


Also not strictly plus size, just awful. Angela S. sent these to me, and I couldn't help but wonder when my next trip to Narnia would be.

Well, I am headed down south for a little Mother's Day mini-vaycay and I intend to get some shopping in (OBVIOUSLY) Hopefully you PS girls will hit the malls too. It would just make me so happy.

5 comments:

Sheriece said...

Ok, I know the term lol is overused. But I seriously laughed out loud at the Narnia boots for at least five minutes. I am actually still chuckling as I write this.
I also seem to remember a certain pair of mint green tapered jeans paired with 'hoofy' shoes last week. You didn't know you were going to get these beauties this week, DID YOU?!?

Jaymie said...

please tell me those "shoes" are from a costume site. Please!

bequi said...

I hate the capris, more for the color than the length. Both are gross, but no one with pale legs should show them next to baggy paste colored shorts.

Shirley said...

The Hawaiian shirt totally reminds me of my dad. He would always wear a shirt he got in the Caribbean, obviously floral. I asked him one day why he wears it all the time and he said that everyone loves it! I asked how he knew that, and apparently everyone says "I've never seen a shirt like that!" We got him a new makeover ASAP for his birthday. I hope he burned the shirt. Anyway, that was his excuse, conversation starter! lol

RoseAG said...

I don't think those shorts are the wrong size as much as they're not a flattering style.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.