From My Closet: Steve Madden Scuba Jacket

Monday, May 17, 2010

I haven't done a "From My Closet" in a while, which is sad because I have bought some awesome stuff lately. I *might* have broken my shopping diet because the Gap was having a sale on kids jeans. But I swear, that and a teensy trip to Sephora were all that I did this weekend.

I have no will power.

Anyhow, I had my entire family come down for Christmas this year. It was crazy! And my house was very, very, full. But heading to the mall as one, big happy family two days before Christmas to buy EVERYTHING was epic and will be my new favorite Christmas tradition.

While at the mall, I got to introduce my mom to the wonders of Nordstrom. Obviously it's my favorite place to shop and I always find really awesome stuff there. And while there's a lot of pricey items, you can get really good sales too (Aaaaactually their semi-annual sale starts Wednesday HOW DO I KNOW THESE THINGS?) I guess my mom took the hint from my revered silence when we walked in the door, because she gave me a Nordy's gift card for Christmas.

That's why I love her.

I went like, three days later and found my favorite jacket EVER. I bought her immediately and took her home and have been wearing her obsessively since then. It's super soft, is very streamlined thanks to some awseome stitching and piping, and just generally looks non-mommy:


Steve Madden Scuba Jacket found here. I bought it in December for $68, but OF COURSE now it's on sale40 percent off because the fashion gods hate me. But I DID enjoy a whole winter of chicness.


It should be known that I am fairly obsessed with leather jackets, especially those that have biker inspired collars like this scuba one. I own four. Super unnecessary, but I have two black, one red, and then this bad boy. This one gets worn more than the rest combined because it looks good with my Fryyyyyyyes! And everything is measured against whether or not it matches my boots. Sadly, I'm not joking. I also feel like leather jackets can be done oh-so-badly. Like big, pointy collars, boxy shapes, etc. When I find a well-cut jacket, I MUST HAVE IT.


Oh haiii me, looking attractive in my jacket. PS is it me or does it totally look like I have a model-fan blowing on me in this picture. I promise I'm not, although I feel like it's a good idea for next time. This picture was taken so I could e-mail my mom to show her what I'd spent her hard-earned money on.

Anyway, I am cleaning out my closet for reals today because I promised my husband I would do something about the basket of clothes that seems to be barfing into my room on a regular basis, so depending what I find, you might get a few more episodes of "From My Closet." I can feel your excitement.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's in my virtual shopping cart...but it's summer in Florida so I know I wont get to wear it for at least six months!

Shari said...

I admire you for wearing a white jacket. Every time I try to wear white one of the kids does something to make it.. well.. not white anymore. I love it!

Meagan said...

Jae, I know you'll think I'm a crazy stalker, but I think I saw you on Friday night at Magelby's. I thought you lived in a totally different state, and I've only ever seen a few pictures of you, so I thought I was nuts. But, after trying to get your attention on BBC a few people told me that you do indeed live really close to me! CRAZY.
-Meagan (meggieloulou on BBC)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Shari, only add pets to to the 'make it off white' patrol.

Jae said...

Meagan! I just replied to you on BBC. It was totally me...

Shari, the nice thing about leather is that it wipes clean. YAY. And it's not even real leather so you don't even have to worry about it. Also, if you don't like wearing white because of kids, save it for dates. lol.

Kate said...

I can also tell you are smiling with your eyes, just like Tyra tells us too. Get your smeyes on!!

I want to see your Frye boots.

Also, I hope you got some good traffic from my blog. Thanks for loving my font. I love my font also because I'm a big font nerd. Ciao! Kate

Shop Girl* said...

I need this jacket in brown. NEED.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.