What I Wore: Early Bird

Monday, December 15, 2014

I would just like to take this moment to announce that I am officially done Christmas shopping. It might not sound like a big deal to people who are actually organized and have a plan, but for me, it's major. I was having lunch with friends last week and they were pointing out my weird way of Christmas shopping: I literally just throw things in my cart and sort through them when I get home. 

I also get really surprised when I order things online and then forget about them. On Saturday, my husband and I made our last big purchase and declared ourselves done, and then I went through my bank account and was like "OH CRAP I forgot we ordered snowboards for the kids." 

Of course, despite finishing Christmas shopping early on Saturday, I slept until 8:20 and was very late on Sunday. I can only do so much, you know? I was so glad I had an easy dress to throw on as I dashed around and shrieked at my family. 


Dress: Tribal (similar)
Jacket: Guess (similar) (similar) I had rolled up my sleeves to keep them out of the way while I put something in the oven and forgot to roll them down again. Let's pretend it was on purpose. 
Boots (I had planned on heels and then we got like, six inches of snow) Dollhouse (here) (similar) (if you prefer a wedge)
Earrings: From my mama (similar)

My main goal was to get shopping done early this year so I had a week to unwind before Christmas kicks in, but I just looked at my calendar and it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Plus, my husband routinely has an episode on December 23rd when he becomes convinced that we haven't gotten our kids enough and will go and get more. 

Ah, t'is the season! 


2 comments:

Nora Bradshaw said...

I was just kvetching to a friend of mine about how I wish I could buy an adult Christmas present for my son's teacher.

I was reading suggestions online and all of them were so dorky. They were all things that you would buy for...kids.

"School supplies!"

"Hot cocoa!"

I find this depressing.

I know that it would be totally inappropriate to give her a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret, and yet, that is how desperately I want to tell her, "I know that you yourself are not in 3rd grade."

It's the same reasoning that you used when explaining a long time ago that moms should not use diaper bags that have cartoon characters on them. You HAVE a baby, that does not MAKE you a baby.

Jae said...

Nora, can I just have that stamped on every cheesy diaper bag ever? I feel like everyone needs to know and yet somehow, they don't.

PS Both my kids' teachers are getting movie theater gift cards. Because I'm lazy and they get enough bubble bath.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.