What I Wore: Drizzly Christmas

Monday, December 29, 2014

Yay! Christmas is over and my house is totally wrecked, but I'm exactly where I want to be: Logging some special personal time with my computer and recapturing my usual routine. I'm not quite there yet, since the kids are still home, but it's some semblance of normalcy. As always, I love the holidaus, but I really super love normalcy. And being at my computer. And not interacting with other human beings except through email.

I swear I'm a really nice person.

The week before Christmas I was in full-throttle errand mode, but it was rainy and drizzly and generally awful the whole week. This hat saved me from having wet hair all week long, and for that, it's become a cherished addition to my closet. I am fiercely loyal to accessories that save me from frizz.

This was me headed out for a day of Costco-ing and erranding. While in the checkout lane at Costco, there was another mom with two kids about the same age as mine in front of me. She was like "Okay, so you have two, and I have two, and yet you're the only one out of the two of us actually dressed today." I laughed and told her "Hey, it's all relative. Any other day it could be the other way around!" She was actually adorable and I wanted to hang out with her if that wasn't totally weird.

Hat: Kate Landry (I went on a hat-trying-on rampage in the fall and this is the only one that actually looked decent on me. Dang you, heart-shaped face that looks weird in anything but trucker hats!!) (similar) (similar)
Top: Suzy Shier - Canada (similar) (plus)
Jeans: Calvin Klein (here)
Boots: White Mountain (here) Yup I basically wear these every day, everywhere. 
Also I'm not wearing any accessories because it was like, the 23rd and I don't need an arm party to go to Costco. 

After our super drizzly pre-Christmas week, we promptly got about two feet of snow on Christmas Day, which was magical at first and now it's already like "Yeah you can stop being magical now." Good thing I moved to a state that is specifically known for its snow, right? 

Anyway, check back on Wednesday for the annual Christmas Dish and some resolutions for this year! For instance, I ate an entire loaf of Kneaders cinnamon bread on Christmas because, and I'm quoting myself talking to my husband here, "I'll regret it if I don't." So I resolve to not do that again. 


1 comments:

Julia Paige said...

love that top! you look great!!!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.