What I Wore: Burnout

Monday, December 1, 2014

How was everyone's Thanksgiving week? I'm not gonna lie, I was in pure burnout mode last night. After five straight days of family festivities, all I wanted to do was hide in a quiet room and read a book by myself. Which I totally did, by the way. 

I also came down with a cold over the week, which means I have a man voice low enough to impress Barry White himself. I have three conference calls tomorrow and I can't wait for my client to be like "No, I needed to talk to Jae the woman." 

Shopping-wise, I did OK. I'm already Cyber Mondaying it up but I don't feel as prepped as I usually do at this point in time. My parents are flying in the day after tomorrow, so I plan on dragging my mom around to every store in the valley until I feel like I'm done. Or burned out. 

Top: Adrienne (local boutique) I'm obsessed with this green! (similar) (similar)
Skirt: Arden B. (from like, three Christmases ago) (cute and cheap!) (plus omg so cute)
Shoes: Steve Madden can you tell they're blue? (similar) (similar)
Necklace, which I bought Saturday and am super excited about (here)

I looked polished and put-together yesterday, but never fear: Burnout has a way of finding me in my husband's pajama pants, a bun and glasses come Monday morning. I just need to get my hermit on for a couple of days and I'll be fine.

Tis the season, right? 

3 comments:

Jennifer Wells said...

The Body Shop is having an incredible sale today, 50% off and free shipping.

You look great!

Jae said...

OOH YES. I am heading to the site now. So far I've bought video games and I deserve some lotion, thank you very much.

Unknown said...

Omg, Black Friday came to the UK for the second time and on the news there have been stories of people in fist fights, screaming and pushing to get a discount on stuff, this is a terrible tradition! I love shopping but I'm not prepared to suffer for my art this way, I will stay at home poring over fashion websites instead.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.