What I Wore: Seeing Red

Monday, November 10, 2014

I've noticed that my last like, seven outfits were some form of black, white and gray, so I felt like I needed a little color. Honestly, I just don't wear a ton of color lately: It's transitioning into colder months and I just feel like darker colors have been a no-brainer. Still, there's something to be said for red, right?

This skirt has been a favorite (worn here and here) and has magically fit me in a range of different sizes thanks to tons of stretch. I've literally been a different size each time I've worn this skirt on the blog, so let's all say a silent prayer of gratitude for Spandex.

Also: Secret way to make your legs look uber long in skirts? Wear opaque tights with same-color shoes. Does the same thing nude shoes do to bare legs. My sister in law was like "What the heck did you do to look so tall in that skirt?" I'm a sneaky sonofagun.

Skirt: Tailor & Stylist, which no longer exists. That's awkward. It has a bow on the bum. That's awesome. (similar) (cute panels!) (digging this leather) (plus)
Tights: F21 (similar) (similar) (plus)
Earrings: F21 (similar) (want) (cheap!)


My kids wanted in on the action too, this time. And they didn't look like hobos, so I acquiesced.

This was the only nice one. The rest looked like this.

Andrew might be officially too big for me to hold in pictures. Or at all. 

He's sitting on my lap right now. 

Alright, I wore some color. Now it's probably going to back to black for a while. It's November, what do you expect? 

6 comments:

Lily George said...

I am so bummed that Tailor and Stylist is no more. I went back to buy this skirt a few months ago after seeing it on your blog, and they were gone. I need to start buying things faster!

Jennifer Wells said...

I absolutely adore red of all kinds. I think my favorite right now is more of a cranberry, but I'll say yes to any shade.

Lynn said...

I'm in a black, white and gray pattern myself. It speaks to me. Love the dress your little girl is wearing.

Heidi J said...

Very cute! I love me a pencil skirt too. Yesterday I also wore a (new) red pencil skirt to church - it is a red and ivory print from Downeast. Red feels like confidence, energy, life. But it's not great next to my face, so perfect in skirt form.

Unknown said...

Love black, white and grey! That said, I am wearing berry red colours like my life depends on it! Loving my cherry and burgundy skinnies and my newww mulberry sweater, I love your skirt, Jae. Also, your hair looks so pretty and you look super slim in that outtake photo x

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.12
moncler outlet
louboutin shoes
coach outlet factory
coach factory outlet
lacoste polo
pandora
asics shoes
canadian goose
ugg boots outlet
north face

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.