What I Wore: Breakfast at Tiffany's

Monday, September 17, 2012

I am aware that this post is astonishingly late, but just think of what a nice surprise it will be to wake up to Tuesday morning. Oh! Good morning! You're welcome.

Seriously, I have a legit excuse. My famjam went on a weekend getaway down to our fave place, Lake Powell. I never knew that when we bought our little boat that it would turn into this huge summer sporting machine. I took up wakeboarding last year, so I spent most of the weekend doing this:

 I heart it with much hearting, but now my body hurts with much hurting. Whose stupid idea was it to start extreme sports so soon before I turned 30?

Anyway, it was awesome, I was psychotic about sun protection and I ate too many pretzel M&Ms, but my favorite part of the trip has to be this one:

Everyone, meet my dog: Lucy. Lucy is a miniature schnauzer for which I paid an exorbitant amount of money for back before I had children and cared about stupid things like pocket-sized dogs. She is very cute and has a beard.
Lucy is also the wost excuse for a dog I've ever met in my life. She doesn't bark, has a weird fear of cartoon lobsters, hates going for walks and hates me most of all. It may have something to do with me love of dressing her up for Halloween, but that is beside the point. Anyway, my Lucy-Goosey (I hate myself) was on our boat and she was dying to go on my father in law's boat. I should point out that Lucy loves my FIL so much she would literally take a bullet for him, or at least push me in the way so I died instead of him. My FIL drove his boat about six feet away from ours and told me to put Lucy in the water so she could swim over.

Which is precisely when we found out that Lucy can't swim.

Instead of getting her doggy paddle on, she began wildly flailing her paws all over the place and slowly sinking into the lake, which at that point is roughly 90 feet deep. As soon as her sad little head started dipping under the water, I had visions of snorkeling to catch her, which is when I jumped off the back of our boat to SAVE my DOG.

The dog that hates my guts.

And did she thank me for my hard work in rescuing her from a watery grave? Ohhh no. She proceeded to cuddle with my FIL while fastidiously ignoring my presence. Yeah. Lucy: You're a jerk dog. I'm thinking of the most humiliating costume EVER for this Halloween to make up for it.

ANYWAY, that was my weekend in a nutshell: Wakeboarding and dog-saving. I think that's all you could ever hope for from a vay-cay.

But I also have some outfit pics pour vous, which I took the day before I left. Remember when I said I bought a new pair of Tiffany-colored skinnies?

Photobucket

Well hello!
Tank: American Eagle
Sweater: H&M
Skinnies: Ardene (Canada)
Loafers (hee I love saying that): Steve Madden
Necklace: F21

I know what you're thinking: Jae, this outfit could only be enhanced by the addition of elbow patches. Never fear, my friends, because I will never say no to elbow patches!! 
And, in a serendipitous turn of events, the Tiffany catalog came THE DAY I wore these. Pure proof that I was meant to a) wear these pants and b) buy expensive jewelry. My husband brought this up the stairs to me and then looked at my pants and back at the catalog envelope again and then handed it to me in disgust. 

Photobucket
Anyway, after five days of sleeping on the boat and not showering, I suddenly have the urge to wear these pants and pretty shoes again. If you see me tomorrow, pretend like I'm not double-dipping outfits, k? 

And now, a shower, catching up on work emails and eating dinner at 8pm. Oh yeah.

4 comments:

Angela said...

These pants are awesome. Still getting up the nerve to wear skinnies... but I want to!

Jae said...

Oh you totally should! They're not for everyone... but they're supposed to be like fun, throwaway items; not scary!

Anonymous said...

I want these pants!

Not the exact same ones. It would be weird to randomly steal pants from other people.

-NB

Jae said...

Plus now I'd know who did it.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.