Freaky Friday

Friday, September 7, 2012

Ah, Friday. I let myself sleep in until 7 and with the exception of a workout, haven't done much. Um, can I still claim jet lag from a three-hour flight at this point? Probably not.

Also, with all of the Fashion Week news my brain is swimming with fall outfits. WHY is it still 88 degrees here? I want blazers! All day long! I bought a pair of Tiffany blue skinnies in Canada and it's too hot to wear them. First world problems, I know. Anyway, check back next week for some awesome trend predictions and outfit ideas, even if it hasn't cooled down. I'll probably get desperate and start wearing fall clothes and sweat profusely and then ask people "Isn't it a bit chilly today?"

I also bought a rad (can we bring rad back?) pair of moccasins that I want to glue to my feet and never take off. They say "I want to be comfortable and just the slightest bit condescending toward Native Americans."

Anyway, onto the badness! Thanks to the readers who contributed!



At first, I thought this was a dress and was worried for this woman's sexual health. But then, I realized that it was a romper and am now worried for my mental health. WHY are these still being worn?


For when you want to say "I'm single, and I prefer to keep it that way." (Thanks Kate!)


Anytime I see pants like this, I can only think of how BAD cellulite would look squidging through the cracks. I think that means I'm officially old.



Please tell me I'm not the only one who hates these heel-less shoes. They look like giraffe hooves, which is fine if you're going as a sexy giraffe for Halloween and all...

...but then I would hate you and who wants to risk that?


'Merica.



I hate this model for being so gorgeous and nailing that bun so perfectly, but then I can feel smug that she's pretty, but she's also wearing a fringed diaper and a honky tonk shirt. I now feel superior.


Ohhh these shoes. I just bought some adorable Steve Madden leopard-print loafers, but now I fear they are aren't bedazzled enough. How can I live with myself?? (Thanks, V!)


Oh pretty model, you just can't win, can you?


My friend Sarah sent these over to me. I had to read the description to figure out what they were. Guys, these are culottes. Like, a skirt/pants love child. But the pants droop down in the saddest way possible. I am not experiencing flashbacks to when I actually wore culottes.

In 1989.



The knitted shorts thing has got to go, as referenced by this pair sent over by Brooke. Tell your grandma to stop making them and switch to scarves instead. Please. Do it for the children.


Well, I should probably get productive and stop looking at pictures of clothes all day. Sigh. Life s hard.

8 comments:

IandS said...

That gorgeous model needs to fire her agent!

Unknown said...

Rompers: because nothing says grownup like dressing like a toddler.

They rarely fit ANYONE right and of those they do, about .2% of them should actually be wearing them.

Jae said...

Angie, it's so true. I don't understand why designers are not reading this blog and learning that the general public hates dressing in onesies. Ugh, then there's the whole awkward bathroom situation. If your clothes make you actually have an awkward bathroom session, it's no bueno.

pretty little things said...

just discovered you blog and I love it! I'm your newest follower - hope you can check me out too! : )

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

bequi said...

My 4 year-old asks me several times a day if it's ok for kids to say, "Rad." I always tell her, "Heck yes!" and then she tells me I'm rad.

bequi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jae said...

Boom Bequi! I love it! I say "rad" and "boss" more than should be socially acceptable.

Unknown said...

www0817
dsquared2
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet online
uggs outlet
pandora outlet
adidas superstar
air jordan uk
pandora
moncler online
ugg boots on sale 70% off

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.