What I Wore: Summer LBD

Monday, June 11, 2012

How was everyone's weekends? Mine got off to a rough start -- my husband I I decided to work together to lock our keys in the car, since he left them in the ignition while I locked the door -- but it turned out OK. For the record, the sheriff that came to break into my car totally agreed with me that it was really my husband's fault.

Anyway, I slept in yesterday morning and needed something super quick to throw on for church. I've had this casual LBD since last year, but I think of it as a winter dress because I wore it during Christmas time. Buuuut since it was one of the only things in my closet that didn't need to be ironed, I took it as a challenge to make my LBD more summery. Fun fact: I don't even own an ironing board.

Photobucket
Dress: c/o eShakti
Scarf: Local (Contagious)
Shoes: Volatile
Rings: Inspired Silver, Tiffany

I decided that a scarf and peeptoe wedges would do the trick. I hate it when people brag that their clothing is comfortable, but this really was. SO easy.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I also changed up my hair color a bit, and I wasn't sure how I felt about going less blonde. But I actually really like it after seeing these pics. Fashion blog WIN!


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Oh, accessories. These shoes make me die with cuteness overload, but I rarely get a chance to wear them. There's just a lot going on with the wedge/ribbon/bow/scalloped edge combo that I have to wear them with something super simple. Of course, I rarely wear super simple outfits, so there you have it.

And now it's Monday and I have big plans to sit on my porch while my kids play on the slip and slide. It's a hard life I lead.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, deciding on a church outfit can be the most difficult. Maybe because you're also wrangling little kids into fancy clothes and begging them not to destroy them five seconds before you need to leave.

--Nora

P.S. I turned on two-step verification for my e-mail and it's a serious pain.

Jae said...

lol Nora; my husband and I like to play breakfast roulette, where we decide whether it's best to dress the kids and THEN feed them or the other way around. We usually lose.

Angela said...

Loving this dress... but I looked and couldn't find this on the website :(

Amy said...

question, if you want it to look more summery why did you pair it with a scarf? Also question, I bought some abercrombie pants you said you LOVED, I hate them and they fit terribly. Do you shop the buckle?

Jae said...

It's a summer scarf obviously so it totally works. lol. If it was a knit scarf we'd have some serious issues.

I'm sorry you didn't like the pants! Which ones were they? I like Abercrombies for bods like mine; kinda skinny, big butt! I grab tops at Buckle but not pants... they're too blinged out for my tastes. I don't like all the dealies on the pockets and stuff.

Jae said...

Oh, and Angela, I find that eShakti cycles through styles REALLY fast. So if you see something you like, buy it ASAP. lol.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.