Help Jae Decide! (Again!)

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

OK, so I have a hair appointment this afternoon and I'm dying for a change. I've had the same long layers style since last summer and I'm down for something new, so I thought I'd put it to the masses to help me make up my mind. I've been hoarding pictures on Pinterest for a couple of months, so here's what I've come up with. Also, last time you guys helped me decide it was mah-velous, so let's do that again.

Couple things you should know.
1) I won't go any shorter than shoulder length. I actually like my hair short, but I feel like it looks way too much like teenage me. And teenage me wore yellow vinyl pants. It was a dark time.
2) My hair has already been colored, so we're only deciding on cut. OK, fine, I'm thinking about more highlights so sue me.
3) I have the hair of a Disney mermaid. It's super thick, pretty wavy, and filled with crustaceans. I KID! But the thick and wavy part, yes. Most of the time I get the stylist to thin it out a little or it literally takes 7 years to dry.
4) I don't mind styling, but during the summer I usually scrunch in some mousse and head out in the sun. So low maintenance is my friend.
5) Also, my hair grows obscenely fast. I rarely get drastic cuts because they only look good for five minutes until my hair starts acting like that PlayDoh toy where you can squish hair out of the guy's head. Does anyone even know what I'm talking about?

OK, here we go. I was going to make an adorable poll, but I'm having the kind of day where workout ended an hour ago and I'm still in my clothes, so I have to get a move on. Just give me the number in the comments. Pros, cons, and other suggestions are totally welcome.

1.

Love the bangs and the length.

2.

Probably the one I'm most serious about. NatPort looks all adorable and summery and I like that it's a bit shorter.!

3.

Super sleeky and short. Plus, Claire Danes is probably the celeb that I resemble the most (really, why could it not be Sofia Vergara? Stupid Anglo-Canadian roots) so I generally think that if it looks good on her, it'll probably work on me.

4.

This is the cut I have now, so it would basically be more of a trim. I wish I could do this hair color too, but red hair makes me look exactly like my mother and that freaks my husband out.

5.


This is the hipster cut from a couple weeks ago that I have a girl crush on. I heart its shaggy-ness, and if I got it, I could wear thick non-prescription glasses, so...

6.

I've had this cut before years ago. I love her bangs and the layers in this bad boy.


So, what do you think? What's your fave? Gimme your number and then I'll sound like a crazy person when I talk to the stylist "Um, some people that I don't know on the Internet said I should go with this." It'll be great!

16 comments:

Towely said...

3

Lindsay said...

I say 3. But I also like the bangs in 1. So maybe a combo of the two? :)

Jessica said...

I think 2 is the best - If you are able to get that kind of volume on top.

I just grew out my bangs for the first time in four years and I feel so free! It is so nice not to have hair touching my face, especially in the summer.

(And you really do look like Claire Danes, who happens to star in my favourite show ever right now - Homeland.)

Emily said...

2 or 3. I like them both.

Nathaly Blalock said...

I would go with 2 just because I feel like bangs make me feel too hot in the summertime. So I say 2 for summer, 1 or 6 for fall/winter. (Yeah, I totally plan my hair around seasons.)

Meleah said...

The Bangs on 1 with the cut of 2 (or just a shorter version of 1)

spacegeek33 said...

I like 2 or 3 but am not sure I really see the difference between the two except for the hair texture. And that may be person-dependent instead of cut dependent. Or maybe you could enhance it with Product? :-)

Brenda said...

1. I think it looks effortless and cool.

Jac said...

Love the Claire Danes, but hard to gauge because it's so straight, and I'm assuming you don't want to mess around with a flat iron every day. I guess my official vote would be Natalie Portman. Such a cute summery cut!
(Speaking of looking like celebrities, I kind of look like Kelly Clarkson - when I have hair - so if/when my hair grows back I'm just going to stalk her for hair-do ideas.) :)

Anonymous said...

3.

But I wish you could go red! I have very Snow-White coloring, so it's off-limits for me.

--Nora

Heather said...

I love 1.

I am living in Sicily and I got a haircut from an Italian a week ago. He totally just took over after we discussed and did his own thing, but it turned out nice. One thing he did that I've never had done in the US is that he really thinned out the bottom with thinning shears (haircut is long layers and a bang). At first I was freaking out about how much he thinned it, but it is so nice! It dries so much more quickly and gives a good wave to it. Also, in a ponytail, it falls very nicely. I'd recommend some thinning.

Amy said...

I like number 2 or 6.

I may have to do one of them myself.

Anonymous said...

1. Although if your hair is not dead straight, bangs require straightening every morning and if you get caught in the rain or humidity it goes all wrong. Live and learn!

Anonymous said...

On a similar note, bangs are called fringe here in Australia.

Deveny said...

You should always take stranger's advice. Unless it's free candy from a van...
I vote 2; I think the sleek/shorter look would look fab on you!

Jennifer Wells said...

Jae, we're biting our nails over here!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.