What I Wore: Minty Fresh

Monday, June 4, 2012

So I have to tell you about my awful experience shopping at Abercrombie and Fitch last weekend. I know A&F sucks terribly for customer service in general, but I do enjoy their jeans so I usually put up with the AXE Body Spray smell and awful techno music to try on a few pairs. So I was checking stuff out and I had a huge armload of clothes to try on. I looked around for a person to let me in a fitting room (MAJOR pet peeve of mine when shopping: No one at the fitting rooms so you have to wander around looking for someone. It's THE WORST) and I couldn't find anyone. Finally, I spotted a girl with the lanyard around her neck and a key around her wrist, so I walked over. I was like "Hey, can I get a fitting room?" And she was like "Um, if you find someone who is actually on the clock you can."

............. um, what?

Apparently she was on break and decided to be a complete cow instead of pointing me toward someone who could open the stupid fitting room or just doing it herself. I was so ticked off that I walked over to where my sister in law was waiting, told her what happened, and dumped the entire armload of stuff on the nearest table and got the heck out of there.

Like, hey thanks minimum wage earning teenager. I hope you have fun transitioning into the real world where you need social skills and can't live on your mom's credit card but okthanxbye.

Why am I telling you this? Well first, because I'm mad. But second, because I went next door to Downeast and spent all my money instead. And this is one of the things I bought.

And here is me wearing it. Consider it my personal thumb to the nose to the terrible customer service at A&F.

Photobucket
Top: Downeast Basics (where they had lovely customer service)
Jeans: Refuge
Wedges: Charlotte Russe
Earrings: F21
Ring: Inspired Silver
Watch: Gucci (I feel stupid listing this because I wear it daily so I shall stop now)

I was excited by this top because it needed nothing... no cami under, no sweater over, so I could just wear it and be happy. But it was still interesting enough to be more than a plain T. And I was obsessed with the minty color, which didn't photograph well so here's a closeup. lol. I am a profeshunal blogger, y'all!
Photobucket
This is a "me" shirt. It was so "me" that I made them take it off the dang mannequin because they didn't have my size. Any store that will strip a mannequin for me is a happy place.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I'm kind of in love with the green and pink shoes combo for summer. I wore this when me and my friend took our kids to see "Chimpanzee" at the cheap theater. My daughter was in love with the entire thing, and my son lost interest after about 30 seconds. It was oh so relaxing.

Photobucket

Moral of the story, I'm glad the A&F worker was such a flaming jerk because I predict a long and happy life with my minty Downeast shirt instead.

Have you ever had a maddening shopping experience? Vent to me and share in my white hot rage, please?

Also, note that my jeans are cuffed in these pics. Stay tuned for a cuffing lesson on Wednesday! YAY this is what occupies my brain when there are wars going on. I am so shallow.

11 comments:

IandS said...

I also love A&F jeans but HATE their employees - it must be part of the interview...Name - check, D.O.B - check, douchebag - check. Ugh and I really, really despise that I have to shout over the sound of the base that is pulsing through every fiber of my being.I am not an old person that hates music but I do value my ability to hear!!!!!! Oh and love the mint top :)Well done downeast...

Jae said...

Haha how does one measure a person's level of douchebaggery? Does it have something to do with hair gel and Ed Hardy shirts?

IandS said...

I think if you also add in the look on their face that's as if they're smelling shiz then you have the perfect trifector LOL!!!!

Allison Hill said...

Worst shopping experience ever-my mom and I went on a little girls only vacation to Glenwood Springs CO, and we took a day trip to go shopping in Vail. My mother has MS, and back then was pretty much stuck in her wheelchair (a motorized scooter) all the time, and we were having a very hard time because Vail is so, shall we say, "cutesy", that there were steps to get in almost everywhere. We tried and tried but we couldn't find a single store that was accessible so finally we started looking for a place to get a drink before we gave up and left.

We finally found a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory that had an accessible entrance, but after about 10 feet there were stairs. So we went in and we barely got through the door when the clerk (who was all the way at the other end of the store) yelled, "you can't bring that thing in here!" and I said, "excuse me, but that "thing" is my mother." We left, went across the street to the police station, sat there while the policeman and the MAYOR OF VAIL called the manager of the store and got the girl fired. That was 12 years ago and STILL makes me furious!

Lauren said...

Wow. If that girl had said that to me, I would have dumped the clothes on the floor right in front of her (unless I was unable to restrain my rage, in which case I would have flung the clothes up into the air instead) and then told her that she could clean it all up after she got off her break.

Sara said...

Wow, I would've done the same thing! A&F employees are actually suppose to be "stand off-ish" because that's the vibe they have going, but if you hunt her down, the least she could do was look around and find someone else that could open the room for you!

I worked at American Eagle for 5 years and I probably wouldn't have got the room myself if I had already clocked out- those break minutes are precious, but it doesn't take more than 30 seconds to find someone who can do it for you!

Jae said...

I just don't get what that stand offish attitude is supposed to do? lol it's so annoying. Like ooookay we get it you're too cool for school... do you want me to buy some stuff or not?

Jae said...

PS Allison that is HORRENDOUS!!

Angelfire212 said...

I would have said, Fine, then I'm going to find the manager. After finding said manager with the clothes in my arms, I'd let them know exactly what it was costing them - in money as well as reputation. Then, corporate would get a LONG nasty letter/email letting them know that the bratty attitude just cost them a customer FOR LIFE. That's just me - I have a tendency to get really peeved and take it to the extreme! :) Great top though from Downeast!

Lauren said...

I agree that A&F sucks BUT I do listen to that "techno" bass-y music. (which is actually called Electronica or EDM short for Electronic Dance Music. Although I don't see the point of them BLASTING it. Trying on clothes in a hot dressing room while shopping with your kids is hard enough! Then again I've never gone in there with my kids. I would have pointed out to my 6 year old daughter "this is NOT what you want to be when you grow up." If I were you I would have walked over to the girl that shooed you away and dropped the clothes right in front of her so she had to pick them up....BUT she probably would have got someone who was "actually on the clock"

Sara M said...

My worst shopping experience EVER was when I went wedding dress shopping. I can't remember the place, but I found out later that it had a huge fire so ha ha to them. As a bride to be you're a bit unstable emotionally to begin with so when I went to this store and get attitude from the sales clerks AND was handed a dress by said sales clerk that was about 5 dress sizes too big, needless to say I left that store in sobbing tears. That would probably be my worst shopping experience.

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blog contents © How Not to Dress Like A Mom 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.